Official Status Update Incl. Table

Elanzer said:
For anyone that isn't in the UK, shipping will add alot of time. The units are being assembled in Texas, then they must be shipped to UK before being shipped out to a north american distributor.

So, figure on 3 months or more if you're not in the UK.

Huh? This post makes no sense. Surely not everyone outside the UK is being served by a US distributor. If so, ED might need to be told!

In any case, shipping time is shipping time. The farther you are from your distributors ED and Craig the longer it will take. Most likely up to a maximum of 7 days for developed countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elanzer said:
For anyone that isn't in the UK, shipping will add alot of time. The units are being assembled in Texas, then they must be shipped to UK before being shipped out to a north american distributor.

So, figure on 3 months or more if you're not in the UK.

I'm hoping I'm misreading this post. Are you saying that even though they are being assembled in the USA, that if you live in the USA they will still be shipped from the UK?

AFAIK that's up in the air. In theory, they do have to be shipped from the UK. In practice, let's just see what happens. It was suggested that they could avoid this round trip for US orders, but it's not something they'd advertise loudly... if you know what I mean.

Screeny said:
Hellollo :D
Here is an official update from ED ;)
current_english.JPG

Directly from the new openpandora.org website! (release: this weekend!)
Brought to you by PandoraToday

!?!?

Wasnt TV Out Cables Finished and Packed on a Chinese Warehouse?
(i would put up the link if i remembered where i saw that)

mindlord said:
greendots said:
Im not sure how this could be read as good news. No where does it say how long it will take to build the remaining pandoras. We are going to be in the end of october just to have all the parts made according to the table. Then they have to be shipped to china to be assembled (as far as I can tell thats whats happening). Then after assembly, they go back to Craig and ED for distribution. It seems like the earliest the 3895 orders will be filled is the end of november.

They are being assembled in Texas, not China. And how did you get "end of october" from that table? Once the case mould is made hundreds (If not thousands) of cases can be created daily. It won't take hardly any time at all to create the 4000 cases, certainly not 1 whole month. The production run of 3895 boards and the keymats would be manufactured in parallel with that. Final assembly couldn't take very long either, and FCC testing needs only 1 production unit, not all 105.

from what i remember somewhere else the Moulding was included in the Mould creation times. anyway from what i have worked on Plastic Injection Stuff

but anyway Maths always show a rough estimated.

i would say each Cicle could be set on 30 to 45 Sec (45 on a Well Formed Complex Device all in a single shot (all parts moulded at the same time).
plus a 15% fail Rate and calibration Stock (10% on injection fail, 5% on Transporting and assembly fail as an extra threshold if something breaks before mounted).
that would be a total of 207 000 Seconds for the full production
split 57.5 Hours Split 2.4 Full Days (24h)

i wonder if it can still beat the new sharp pc-z1 to market. if not, i seriously fear for a good fraction of potential customers.

I said this 8 months ago, but one more 2-month-last-estimate and I will finally ask for my money back. It's just annoying and I could use the money for a new TV.

Asmo said:
Here we go again.
I really hope that's just left hand not knowing what right hand is doing.

The PC-Z1 does look almightily interesting: more useful keyboard for data entry, but less useful gaming controls... Price seems to be similar-ish, but the PCZ1 could be more, which should silence some whinging :)

Despite having cancelled my Pandora order last year, I would still love to see this be a huge success.

Asmo said:
DroneB Dev said:
!?!?

Wasnt TV Out Cables Finished and Packed on a Chinese Warehouse?
(i would put up the link if i remembered where i saw that)

Here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php...r-is-now-done/page__view__findpost__p__747324

Craigix said:
(Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:01 AM)
The TV cables are made, they are in a warehouse in China. Michael might actually have one of them, I'm not sure. It's not at the top of the list.

Here we go again.

Yep, just more lies!, But now its a lot easier to see them. They've been lying to every one for over a year now.

Guys, just a small info: That list is NOT completed yet.

It shouldn't have been released yet (and definately not without asking me).

It's a WIP which will be on the upcoming website (which I will finish this week, hopefully).

I just put everything I know in there, but I haven't had the time to talk to craig nor Michael during the last week, so those cables might be finished and I don't even know that yet.

Please wait until the website goes online, then everything will be accurate.

Thanks.

EvilDragon said:
Guys, just a small info: That list is NOT completed yet.

It shouldn't have been released yet (and definately not without asking me).

It's a WIP which will be on the upcoming website (which I will finish this week, hopefully).

I just put everything I know in there, but I haven't had the time to talk to craig nor Michael during the last week, so those cables might be finished and I don't even know that yet.

Please wait until the website goes online, then everything will be accurate.

Thanks.
New website? Meaning:

- A replacement for the currently not-so-good-looking openpandora.org?
- Yet Another website I have to check daily?

Please let it be #1.

dflemstr said:
New website? Meaning:

- A replacement for the currently not-so-good-looking openpandora.org?
- Yet Another website I have to check daily?

Please let it be #1.
The first one :)

I hope I don't have to order from the UK when im sitting a couple states above where the pandora is being assembled :|

Spykez said:
I hope I don't have to order from the UK when im sitting a couple states above where the pandora is being assembled :|
This is the current state of affairs. OpenPandora Ltd. doesn't have a reseller in the USA, and can't have one until the Pandora clears FCC testing. Perhaps, with luck there will be a North America distributor for the second batch. But us Yankees involved in the initial pre-order are going to have to sit and watch helplessly as the Pandora manufactured in the USA gets shipped to the UK, only to get sent right back. Gotta love that, right?

We are now nearing the Sept. 10th estimated completetion date for the case mould creation. Any status on how close we are to the end of that?

MrBlais said:
We are now nearing the Sept. 10th estimated completetion date for the case mould creation. Any status on how close we are to the end of that?

Eight days away ?.

Trooper

Yes.. Eight days away..

The date was estimated ; could be before, could be after.. Just asking for status..

..If that's cool, of course? :blink:

Back