Official Status Update Incl. Table

Well, they're currently cutting the moulds, during the last days, we decided about the material to use, now we are choosing the perfect color (based on PANTONE samples) and I'm working on the silk screen for the case.

That's what currently happening.

Oh, and I'm working on the new site, but that does take a lot of work, so be patient a bit more :)

Confirmed: The Pandora will be a non-black shade of black.

Confirmed: The Pandora's screen will be made out of silk.

Confirmed: The new site will be launched tomorrow.

There are in fact several types of black, with varying amounts of gloss. from dull flat matte black to that is "so shiny it's almost white" black.

Even if the material's got different levels of specularity, the diffuse color's still black, so it's just black. Specular highlights are different from diffuse color. What you see (combined, reflected color) is not necessarily the "real" color of the material.

EvilDragon said:
Well, they're currently cutting the moulds, during the last days, we decided about the material to use, now we are choosing the perfect color (based on PANTONE samples) and I'm working on the silk screen for the case.

That's what currently happening.

Oh, and I'm working on the new site, but that does take a lot of work, so be patient a bit more :)

Ha, patience is a little tough. Thanks to school, my mind has been off Pandora for a little while, but tough nonetheless.

So what kind of website are we talking about? A hub for downloads and updates? New main page to draw in new customers?? A little bit of both???

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, youve gotta see the Pantone pads to know what they are talking

there are tons of Blacks
and youve also gotta see the end quality of each.

the webpage linked above barely shows what it means because it will only show fill color

you need also to check gloss, scratch test and other special ones.

plus the material requires stress check (due that some become white when they are near snap)
rigid/Melindex test.

also COST,
addons (sparkles, anti scratch, resin, anti-Fire compounds, etc. etc.).

all of those are almost imposible to get with a CNCed Model.

The purpose of the PanTONE kits isn't so much that you can find the black you want, blackest black of all blacks, but more specifically so that once you've found the right black, you can then talk about it and just give the PanTONE number.

I have been rescued from project disaster by the presence of a precise PanTONE kit in multiple places in the wide world, I just love those things .. ;)

The color is one thing but I think it is also important, how the Pandora Case Surface actualy look and feel. Feels it Glossy? Smooth? Rough? Silk-like?
Whatever thy decide, don't make it shiny or fingerprint-sensitive. I know, every one wants beautiful shiny "mirror surface" Stuff...well, not really but because so many devices use such a Surface there must be buyers or a market for this crap. Or the Companies just make it for presentations in the Shops. :lol:

This is just how black the pandora could be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFY2kJ96jNY

Back