Official Rules and Guidelines

logo language?  or dragonbox comp logo?  or what?

Is there any app to display an image (for instance, the competition logo) in the bare Zaxxon ?

Is there any app to display an image (for instance, the competition logo) in the bare Zaxxon ?
 Not that I know of, but we could build one in SDL pretty easily, or use like qiv or feh or xloadimage.

If you do build or write one, please post back, it would be useful tool and good to have in the firmware.

If you don't do it, and nothing else turns up, I will build one cause I need one too!

Last edited by a moderator:
A screenshot of the next version of Code::Blocks command Line, with "Dragonbox competition 2012/13 logo" ! 130106-103642.png

(And there will be same software inside to transform image to text)

some my ideas so far:

- build the "suckless tools" including st, dwm, surf browser, 9base (plan 9 for Linux) or maybe the whole plan 9 port, Ken Thompson's C compiler, and Fabrice Bellard's Tiny CC - for a "suckless" dev environment! (Native Plan 9 might be beyond me...) I'm not saying code::blocks or gcc sucks by the way, but they certainly are very large and heavy! (I really appreciate the cdev and code::blocks ports.)

- fix the sound in BeebEm and FBA  (not really competition worthy)

- work on PND system, I have many ideas how to improve it

- port some XOR-like puzzle games, I see Chroma was already ported

- try to port or rewrite "Revenge of the Titans" and/or some other Puppygames.

- won't have time to do all these... haha

could do rapid animated ascii art to make it look all blurry and grey - or even blurry color ascii art :)

Heck that is great stuff!

Not that I have enough knowledge to get what is going on deeper.

Can you do it the other way around too? like from the pandora to a pc(linux)?

Really impressive! Congrats!

I must say double congrats couse you used the secret standard of indies and filmed things over a blanket/curtains!

I have to pm you a few stuff...

I'm planning to release apkenv with a simple launcher for this competition. would that be emulator or application category? or do you decide that on your own ED?

also, i can create a working pnd for apkenv itself, but obviously i just can't add working .apk's nor give any tips where to get them (like it is with emulator roms). i can tell the versions i've tested and got to work, but not more.

I vote for 'emulator' category, mostly because I don't want to compete with apkenv in the 'application' category. Is there not a "Hello, World"-type apk you could make that you could distribute with it?

oh sure, i can ask the author if i'm allowed to distribute it. didnt think of that :)

i'm good with the emulator category (hoping exophase runs out of time;))

Well, it's not really an emulator technically, but feel free to decide yourself what category you want to be in :)

well i dont really know what category i should choose, thats why i hoped for input ;)

Isn't apkenv just the android libraries compiled for the Pandora, and setup in such a way apps will run. In which case, I'd probably say in the application pool; as you're not actually emulating any code, because it's all still running as it was compiled, and no dynarec involved.

Just my thoughts

Back