Official Pandora Video Thread

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As I mentioned, I am currently working on new videos, showing the different uses and things you can do with the Pandora more thoroughly.

I will also create one video summarizing what the Pandora can do soon, but for users more interested in one special area, these single videos might be interesting as well.

You can share them as much as you like and direct any interested users to this thread here.

I'll try to add more different videos as fast as possible.

Emulation on the Pandora:

Arcade Games (Final Burn Alpha):

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CqUBKbEmytE?feature=oembed

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! What would also be good:

A nice ending for the video and showoff for the screenstretch mode, where you can fill the whole display.

Btw. Panmame has those filters, too and should be able to play a lot of even newer arcardegames like dodonpachi, avp, r-type delta etc. With them nicely on a GHz unit.

Also games like robotron look great with those filters.

Great! What would also be good:

A nice ending for the video and showoff for the screenstretch mode, where you can fill the whole display.

Btw. Panmame has those filters, too and should be able to play a lot of even newer arcardegames like dodonpachi, avp, r-type delta etc. With them nicely on a GHz unit.

Also games like robotron look great with those filters.

Dodonpachi works perfect with FBA at 800 Mhz. Probably better than in Panmame. Plus you can play horizontally with FBA, and it's just like in the arcades :)

I was thinking an emulator montage video might be a good idea. Show a few seconds of loads of emulators running games accompanied by some music. It would give people an idea of just how many systems the pandora can emulate.

Dodonpachi works perfect with FBA at 800 Mhz. Probably better than in Panmame. Plus you can play horizontally with FBA, and it's just like in the arcades :)

I know, but fba doesn't have the rgb, scanline and scalers. You can play vertically in panmame, too. Press r before starting a game ;)

Wow, that intro is quite… epic :D

What would be nice for viewers that know nothing about shown software, but are interested nonetheless, is text overlays with the program and/or emulatee name.

Ed, nice video :)

just getting back to the question asked in other thread about the font for Pandora, I know the logo font was drawn, but what is that nice font you use on your video here for the emulator titles?

it's nice.

will you be using that for other videos and docs you might create in future?

intro is epic :)

Great video, amazing graphics! I've not seen that Scale 3x filter in action before, and it looks like magic to me. Makes me wonder what other emulation witchcraft I'm also unaware of. I expect I'll find out in future videos.

Amiga next, always a crowd pleaser; and more general usage, web etc, like in your 30-videos from a year ago?

Well done :)

Yeah, or something like turrican on c64, then amiga turrican, then hurrican :)

Yeah, or something like turrican on c64, then amiga turrican, then hurrican :)

Is it just me, or do you also find that hurrican is a pale clone of Turrican ? I feel the controls are off, it does not look "beautiful" either, and overall it does not play well. I uninstalled it right after trying it. Very disappointed.

Course, these sorts of videos have been done before, but perhaps not with the pollish ED wants (as marketing materials.)

Anyone have new ideas for videos in this regard?

(ED pulling a Pandora out of his pocket at the bistro, or using one to ssh into a server from the coffee shop ;)

jeff

Great videos ED, just wondering what sort of Pandora these were recorded on and whether they are recorded via tv out?

Back