Official Blog Post: What The Bloody 'ell Happened?

Defo said:
The game is called Wizzley Presto and the Mysterious Time Machine, and it will be on the appstore. More info here- http://www.30daygame.com/.
They should rename the project/website "www.chinesemouldmakers30daygame.com" i.e. start in April 09 finish around about now (if we are lucky)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nation.A.List said:
Defo said:
The game is called Wizzley Presto and the Mysterious Time Machine, and it will be on the appstore. More info here- http://www.30daygame.com/.
They should rename the project/website "www.chinesemouldmakers30daygame.com" i.e. start in April 09 finish around about now (if we are lucky)

or just "twomonthconsole.com"

B-ZaR said:
Nation.A.List said:
Defo said:

If only it was two months....sigh I think you mean "www.twomoremonthsconsole.com" i.e. open ended.........

Out of curiosity, what makes the new Palm provided WiFi driver better than the previously used one?

It's just an opinion, but I wouldn't trust a Chinesse company wich is supposed to work at an international Level, with costumers from all around the world, but can't comunnicate with them even in a simple, poor english. Anyway I have faith in OP team and i hope that everything is going (slowly) to a very happy end :)

So how good is fatih at getting a bit angry (just enough angry to not offend anyone but still gain some respect and willingness to work even harder)

Looking at all the trouble there has been with this company, I would say that; although we haven't exactly had exemplary service, I also don't think that we have had such a terrible time proportionate to the cost. They did save $100,000 on the average price of moulding (if I recall EvilDragon's pricing correctly), and if you applied that kind of saving to something like having an extension built on your house, you would probably be sat on the toilet in your living room, watching tv upstairs through the window in your ceiling.

Anyway, I am just as miffed as everyone else, but I thought I'd try and look on the bright side.

A few more infos from ED taken from a post at the German boards, roughly translated by me.

A few more infos:
The Chinese more or less only talk to Fatih, who was in Dubai last week.

According to what we knew they (samples) should have been sent on 15th. That's why we expected them to arrive last week. Fatih has been back home since Friday and started dealing with the matter right away.

The Chinese weren't 100% content with the case and do not want to send us another intermediate sample, but one that would satisfy them aswell. This case has been produced and should have been sent on Monday. I have prepared a blog post with that info, but will postpone it until I know for sure and have photos and a tracking number from the Chinese. I will then publically post the latter so everyone can track the shipment.

Looks like green light after all. The Chinese are already preparing everything for our Okay - and they want to have sent all of the cases before their new year.

And that's what we're hoping for, it's about time! If we would have expexted all that China razzmatazz we encountered, we maybe would have taken out a loan to produce the cases somewhere else. For those interested: In China we pay about 20.000 USD for the molds, every other company we inquired at was at a minimum of 130.000 USD. A price we could not afford. Luckily we produced nothing but the cases in China.

Well, let's hope for the best. This last step has to be feasible!

Sorry if someone has already done this, can't be arsed to browse the board these days.

Edited for errors.

This wait starting to feel surreal. What's taking so long for that company.... ZzzzZzzz

I wonder what their day look like those who are working at the company. Do they work eight hours if yes how come they haven't got anything right by now. So weird.

Hmm, I wonder if Sanyo and Toyota get their product runs delayed as much as we do....

Pleng said:
Firstly you forget we saw the email. Craig posted it. There was NO promise in that email that the cases would ship on 15th. It simply said that they hoped that they would be ready for 15th.

If you still haven't learned NOT to assume then I really, really worry for the future of your business.

Oh good - I was starting to think I was the only person on the planet who realised that the mold company hadn't promised to ship the new cases (based on anything I'd seen). I DO however find it mildly amusing to see OpenPandora have apparently been "Craiged" - given wording that has left them wondering what the meaning is and - apparently - coming to the wrong conclusion.

Nation.A.List said:
B-ZaR said:
Nation.A.List said:
Defo said:

If only it was two months....sigh I think you mean "www.twomoremonthsconsole.com" i.e. open ended.........

Ah - but you see, that 30 day game was started on April 7th, 2009 ... it's the same song. 30 days is simply half of two months...

Monk said:
I DO however find it mildly amusing to see OpenPandora have apparently been "Craiged" - given wording that has left them wondering what the meaning is and - apparently - coming to the wrong conclusion.
Good to see them get a taste of their own meddicine (how come meddicine spelt correctly is filtered?) :)

Paradox said:
didn't weston say they had been given tracking numbers? what the heck?
IIRC it was CraigIX who say this. And it can be true. Remember that language (and I guess more culture and social) barrier.

LuvClub said:
Good to see them get a taste of their own meddicine (how come meddicine spelt correctly is filtered?) :)

Either it's to give people with bad typing skills an excuse for their typos ( :blush: ) or (more likely) it's because as some stage in the past the board has been subject to a bot spamming unwanted advertisements for certain types of product :wacko:

peca said:
Paradox said:
IIRC it was CraigIX who say this. And it can be true. Remember that language (and I guess more culture and social) barrier.

Also, IIRC, somebody mentioned that couriers dish out pads of shipping notes to frequent customers, and these shipping notes/orders contain the tracking number. So one could quote a tracking number weeks before the courier sees the package.

Monk said:
peca said:
Paradox said:
Also, IIRC, somebody mentioned that couriers dish out pads of shipping notes to frequent customers, and these shipping notes/orders contain the tracking number. So one could quote a tracking number weeks before the courier sees the package.
Yes. And I guess that Craig ask for "tracking number" and then get one :) May be even this one will be use when cases will be really shipping :) I thing that this is due to our "west" (mean European a North American) culture and "east" (now mean China but can mean whole Asia too) are very different. I guess that this misunderstanding is not due to lying but due to different way of business communication.

This news makes me hesitantly hopeful. I'm having trouble getting excited at this point, but this is much less vague than we are used to, so I think I can believe it.

Back