Off To Korea, Gpx2 Awaits!

A text application might port easy; an SDL app may (or may not) work, depending how much it assumes about the screen size and controls -- ie: If it expects a 800x600 display, it'll be in for a surprised smile.gif
I may just be being stupid, but surely the GPx2's screen resizing hardware (the ones used for high-resolution divx) can be used to do this quite quickly?

I assume that'd be only if it works for more than just movies. But seeign as I have no technical skill it's just a highly speculative, uneducated guess.

Well porting may be that easy unless the GUI has to be rewritten, if the GPX2 doesnt support QT or GTK, which a lot of GUIs are written in.

chris_r posted on Aug 29 2005 at 09:54 PM said:
Well porting may be that easy unless the GUI has to be rewritten, if the GPX2 doesnt support QT or GTK, which a lot of GUIs are written in.

I suspect as most games are SDL and don't use QT or GTK+(and they are mainly mainsweeper and the like). I think its safe to assume thats not really an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even the res shouldnt be the problem, sdl scales, also the 2d chip in the gpx2 can scale down from 1024*768 :)
But i gues most emus wont run on linux anyway, justs costs to much performance, at least the gp32 ports should run direcktly on the hardware.
Price is expected to be about 180eur/120gbp, maybe a bit less or mroe depending on the shop.

Cyclops posted on Aug 29 2005 at 11:32 PM said:
chris_r posted on Aug 29 2005 at 09:54 PM said:

I suspect as most games are SDL and don't use QT or GTK+(and they are mainly mainsweeper and the like). I think its safe to assume thats not really an issue.
Well the emulators themselves tend to be SDL but other parts such as option screens and loading screen tend to be written in GTK or QT

it might be a good idea for somebody to create a good, customizable, generic menu system for emulators. This could further ease emulator porting, and unify the look and feel of emulation on the new platform.

Inopia posted on Aug 30 2005 at 06:32 AM said:
it might be a good idea for somebody to create a good, customizable, generic menu system for emulators. This could further ease emulator porting, and unify the look and feel of emulation on the new platform.

i like this idea, i dont know anything bout coding but if everyone can cut out the menu creation on htere emu project its bound to reduce time..

feddon posted on Aug 30 2005 at 10:33 AM said:
Inopia posted on Aug 30 2005 at 06:32 AM said:

i like this idea, i dont know anything bout coding but if everyone can cut out the menu creation on htere emu project its bound to reduce time..
I don't know if all authors would want to use it, most prefer a bit of individuality in their menu systems, to prove that they made it.

180 Eur- that makes it well over $200 at the moment. That is definitely more than we have previously heard. Maybe it is the extra ram.

Code:
/ NO   / TITLE   / WRITER    / DATE   / COUNT 
12    Launching date    admin    2005-08-30   36 

GPX2 will be launched in late Oct and shipped in early Nov in Europe,USA and Asia.

The price is going to be under U$ 200

Best regards,

USD$200 = €164

:)

I'm sure they were only esitmating when they gave that under 200dollars price, technically it should only cost about 185 in the grand scheme of things but after shipping and taxes and such I'd expect to pay no less than $215.

Hum, I'm tempted to sell my GP32 BLU+, as they seem to be absent from e-bay, and go for a good prize... But getting rid of anything I own is so against everything I am...

A packrat. :)

Or a Pakkuchu. :)

I can confirm the price at about £100-£104 ex VAT, depending on the exchange rate in october.

And yes the extra ram did push the price up, I still don't think we needed it but its there now anyway ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Back