T-Mobile "pulse" - Google Android Handset (Huawei U8220) - Ama

(naw)mcx said:
UPDATE: Got the phone all modded, near stock android ROM, etc.

Really quick.

Piece of piss to type on.

Don't take your first impressions with this phone, you'll miss so much!

I take it you put the MCR Modaco rom on it?. They're great, aren't they!. I'm currently learning Java on my Mac, and writing software with the Android SDK :). I think I'll sell this on, and buy a... "DROIIIIIIDDDDDD" :D

Last edited by a moderator:
defectivebydesign said:
(naw)mcx said:
UPDATE: Got the phone all modded, near stock android ROM, etc.

Really quick.

Piece of piss to type on.

Don't take your first impressions with this phone, you'll miss so much!

I take it you put the MCR Modaco rom on it?. They're great, aren't they!. I'm currently learning Java on my Mac, and writing software with the Android SDK :) . I think I'll sell this on, and buy a... "DROIIIIIIDDDDDD" :D

They are amazing! I miss the black and purple though D:

Good luck with the Java :)

I unlocked my Pulse from T-Mobile, put it on Orange (as the calls are cheaper), and then decided to go back to T-Mobile for there offer of 6-months internet access for a fixed fee. It's not perfect, but there definition of "Unlimited internet" is much better than what Orange quoted me - 1GB compared to 50MB, and the later charges you per KB if you exceed that 50MB cap.

Before I spend the cash however (it's not due until the end of January apparently, due to the mandatory topup this month when I bought the phone), has anyone found something better/cheaper for a data connection? I'm going to be charged £20 for 6 months.

defectivebydesign said:
CUPC4KES said:
SkuLL said:
CUPC4KES said:
i cant even find this htc on the t-mobile site, i can upgrade after 25th of dec, im with 3 and they want 35 a month for the hero, i dont want to pay that much.

It may be listed under the name T-Mobile G2 Touch (http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/pay-monthly/t-mobile/g2-touch/overview/)

Very sleek looking phone, build quality felt excellent when I was in the shop yesterday. If I go android with my next phone while this current generation of android handsets are out, this will be my phone (If I can get hold of it on PAYG)
i went with the nokia n86 in the end. Im still not totally sold on touch screen only interface.
:eek:

Nooo!!. Seriously, my friend has had one of these, and has had nothing but trouble with it since day one. Sluggish OS, crashes a lot (Symbian - what do you expect). Absolute piece of trash, as are 99% of the current Nokia range. I'll wait until you come back and tell us about all the issues you're having with it. I'll give you two months before you change it ;) .

no trouble after the first week, my only dissapointment is the 3G service with virgin is a bit hit and miss, im enjoying the ngage 2.0 application thats on the phone, its a comfortable handset to game on, im looking into some emulators for it now.

defectivebydesign said:
CUPC4KES said:
i went with the nokia n86 in the end. Im still not totally sold on touch screen only interface.
:eek:

Nooo!!. Seriously, my friend has had one of these, and has had nothing but trouble with it since day one. Sluggish OS, crashes a lot (Symbian - what do you expect). Absolute piece of trash, as are 99% of the current Nokia range. I'll wait until you come back and tell us about all the issues you're having with it. I'll give you two months before you change it ;) .

Your friend is an idiot. I have an E71 and I never have problems with it crashing, and it only really becomes sluggish when I have too many apps running simultaneously. I can't speak for the N86, but my experience with the E71 and the N73 before that was good, I'm willing to bet the problem is the user.

CUPC4KES: There are S60 versions of PicoDrive, GPFCE and Frodo, plus some non-free emulators that can be had for free if you're not worried about "ethics". They control about as well as you'd expect from a phone, but they're worth a download if you have to have emulators. The Tyrian port also plays very well on my E71. I haven't gone looking past those, I don't like gaming without proper controls. S60 isn't a gaming powerhouse but I'm sure you can find a few ways to waste time with it.

well ive had a few symbian based nokia handsets (6600, 6630, n73, ngage qd, 6220c)and never had a problem with any of them, thanks for the advice about emulators, ive been playing resident evil degeneration which is quite good for a mobile phone game. i know mobiles arent the best things to play games on but on the n86 the sliding front slides both ways, up to use the keypad and down to reveal media/game buttons, turned sideways it works well as a gaming phone, thanks for the help everyone anyway.

Back