O2EM .WAV file placement?

• Thread starter CocoCreekFisherman
  • Start date

C

CocoCreekFisherman

Have o2mainsamp folder with .wav files and not sure where exactly to place it?

Is o2mainsamp the right file folder for this emulator [about 136 voice bytes]?? Couldn't find any others.

Does the o2mainsamp folder need to be renamed to WAV? and does it need to be zipped or .bin format?

I want to play the few o2 games that have voice such as KC'S Krazy Munchkin Chase.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
yeah it would be but nobody seems to help me here so......i posted 3x with no responses.

this post,jzintv and neogeo pepone. [ still trying to figure out the latter 2 myself]. maybe there are bigger fish to fry??

send me a pm me and I will tell you.  it's the 'all of us' i am worried about :)

Last edited:
Hi there, CocoCreekFisherman. This is a web forum, not IRC. The 2:30 hours it took you to solve your own problem are not a lot of time in this context, and your question apparently refers to a small group of games on a not-so-mainstream emulator. It seems likely that during this short time the people who read your question didn't know the answer, and the people who know the answer didn't get around to reading about the question before you withdrew it.

It's also entirely possible that djkoelkast doesn't care about the answer for himself, but asked because it's generally a good thing to document answers to technical questions. Someone might search for them years later when you, apparently the only person who knows, may or may not be still active in the forum.

As for the "nobody seems to help me here" ... come on. Have you read this forum at all before or since asking your own questions? This is generally one of the more helpful places around, as you can easily verify by looking at a few topics other than your own. If nobody helped you with your problems, that's probably nothing to do with you directly but more likely because the questions are hard to answer.

Okaaay, let me rephrase that after having read your other two topics. Take a detached at what actually happened in your topics: In the jzintv one, WizardStan offered to work on a solution this weekend (i.e. right about now) if he has time, and your other question is from today. Learn some patience, dude! You're talking to fellow users with lives of their own, not to your servants.

I had some trouble getting the O2 emulator running at all so I searched the forum if anyone had asked something like it (I had to put the BIOS file in the appdata/o2em folder, figured that out myself quite fast) but I did come across this topic and saw "solved" without sharing it, I always think when you have a problem, ask for help on a forum, you either solve it yourself or somebody solves it for you share the answer, it will benefit anyone who will come across the same issue. I did not try the voice part yet, but it would be nice if I could read what to do when I want to ;)

Hi there, CocoCreekFisherman. This is a web forum, not IRC. The 2:30 hours it took you to solve your own problem are not a lot of time in this context, and your question apparently refers to a small group of games on a not-so-mainstream emulator. It seems likely that during this short time the people who read your question didn't know the answer, and the people who know the answer didn't get around to reading about the question before you withdrew it.

It's also entirely possible that djkoelkast doesn't care about the answer for himself, but asked because it's generally a good thing to document answers to technical questions. Someone might search for them years later when you, apparently the only person who knows, may or may not be still active in the forum.

As for the "nobody seems to help me here" ... come on. Have you read this forum at all before or since asking your own questions? This is generally one of the more helpful places around, as you can easily verify by looking at a few topics other than your own. If nobody helped you with your problems, that's probably nothing to do with you directly but more likely because the questions are hard to answer.

Okaaay, let me rephrase that after having read your other two topics. Take a detached at what actually happened in your topics: In the jzintv one, WizardStan offered to work on a solution this weekend (i.e. right about now) if he has time, and your other question is from today. Learn some patience, dude! You're talking to fellow users with lives of their own, not to your servants.
you sure responded quickly 'dude'.

Last edited:
I had some trouble getting the O2 emulator running at all so I searched the forum if anyone had asked something like it (I had to put the BIOS file in the appdata/o2em folder, figured that out myself quite fast) but I did come across this topic and saw "solved" without sharing it, I always think when you have a problem, ask for help on a forum, you either solve it yourself or somebody solves it for you share the answer, it will benefit anyone who will come across the same issue. I did not try the voice part yet, but it would be nice if I could read what to do when I want to ;)
i pm'd you with the solution. let me know if you run it ok??

Solved the problem as well, thanks to CocoCreekFisherman's help. I do think it's important to share this information, but all credits go to CocoCreekFisherman.

How to get O2EM to work with The Voice:

Go to the O2EM site and download from MISC the Sound Samples (Voice Module)

Download the Sid the Spellbinder samples as well if you want to use that game

Creat a folder on your SD /pandora/appdata/o2em/voice

Extract all .wav files (either only the voice module or both sets) in the voicedirectory, don't create any new folders there

When everything is right you should have 270 .wav-files in your voice folder (if you extracted both sets, it's only 1.52MB in total so I advice to do so)

That's it. The games that support The Voice are: Sid the Spellbinder*, Nimble Numbers Ned, Type & Tell, Smithereens, K.C.'s Krazy Chase, P.T. Barnum's Acrobats, Attack of the Timelord, Turtles, and Killer Bees (thanks to the-nextlevel.com).

* Does need the extra set of samples

Note from myself: make sure you have the biosfile (bios.bin) in /pandora/appdata/o2em/bios, otherwise o2em will only show the file selector.

Note to the maker of the PND: it doesn't seem to support zipfiles, only extracted .bin files for games.

Back