MAME4ALL ROMs do not run...

Fatman2001

Still Fresh
Hey guys

Truly loving my Pandora at the mo, got everything running nicely and just the way I want it. However with 1 exception, it seems that Mame4All roms do not want to run at all. Basically I fire up mame4all and it gets to the menu, I can see the games and I launch as normal. There is activity on the SD card for a few seconds and then it just stops dead and all I have is a black screen, does anyone else experience this?

After checking the PND help file it states that mame4all does not need any BIOS files but I'm guessing that it might? Also, do games strictly have to be zipped and contain their short filename only? As I have at least 20 game roms in the appdata folder but only 3 appear in the mame4all menu when launched.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

You're right; from now on I'll PM them first.
Or you can just stop altogether unless they actually have a problem. Converting the roms that they already have to the supported romset should be much faster and easier than redownloading them. Your solution is the proverbial hammer, which may be needed sometimes, but better to try to do things the right way before resorting to questionable practices, no?

ClrMAMEPro is NOT the right way. Not unless you don't mind tangibly feeling your sanity disappear. <_<

well it could be improved to make it a simple 1 button just to convert romsets from 1set to another set, right now there is a whole host of things you have to set up before you can convert the set, even when you do this i still dont know if I did it right.

It's more complex than the space shuttle! Especially since you'll only have to use it a few times, most likely.
Fair enough. What's the better solution though? Redownloading gigabytes of what you already have isn't exactly a perfect solution either.

No, the perfect solution would be for someone to physically lend someone else a...for example...a 16B card with 1000 or so of the correct ROMS from the right ROM set.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more complex than the space shuttle! Especially since you'll only have to use it a few times, most likely.
Fair enough. What's the better solution though? Redownloading gigabytes of what you already have isn't exactly a perfect solution either.

If you're smart, you DON'T download every game, just the ones you want. And the MAME4ALL set is like, three gigabytes (if I recall, and that's being generous).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back