How To Get Waffle Working

AireTamStorm

Unix Addict
Website
Visit site
I found a readme file with the application that listed:

waffle update again!
1. now if you push the R button, you can see the mouse Cursor.
2. skip key is changed (stick left -> Y button)
3.now you can change sound volume to push volume button on gp2x.
4. now waffle not search the avd file in voice folder.
//////////last version update////1. you can use 44100hz audio file (in old version play very slowly)
2. support voice file (kanon and air) (extracted from console)

////how to install////1. download original PC game.
2. install game.
3. search coverting tool and use it (covert to QVGA!)
4. extract BGM from PC game's disk. (to mp3)
5.rename BGM file to 'track_02.mp3, track_03.mp3....'
6.make the folder(avd file's name + cd (ex:wlk2k0.AVD --> wlk2k0cd)
7.now copy the BGM file to 'cd' folder.
8.extract voice file from consol's game disk and convert it to MP3 format (neded converter.)
9. copy the converted voice files to 'cd' folder.
10. extract this RAR file.
11. copy install_libs.gpu and install_libs.tar.gz file to your SD memory card's ROOT.
12.insert SD card to you gp2x and bootup.
13. select util menu and run the install_libs.gpu (need 7~9 second)
14. make folder.
15. move AVD file, waffle.gpe and 'cd' folder. to fold

First, it tells you to download the game. Not exactly legit, but hey. (I do own the games)

2 is fine. 3: I think we need an example of a "converter" and specifically state what the converter does. (I got the QVGA thing but some people might not.)

4&5: BGM files should be listed, clearly for each game. I could probably figure it out after a while of screwin around but others might not be able to. Also, is it necessary to convert the files?

6: I got "Make 'the' folder". What folder, what file name? Can we get an idea of the directory structure? And what is (avd file's name + cd (ex:wlk2k0.AVD --> wlk2k0cd)

7: Where should the cd folder be located at

8: As I also own the PS2 Version of the game, and you can safely assume "I've never done PS2 hacking", How do you extract the files? What files do you extract?

9: Answered by the question 7:

10: This is a zip.

11,12,13: Finally, clear instructions.

14: ....what folder? Can it be anything?

15: As soon as we know where to move the files to, we can pretty much get this.

16: Self explanatory ;- )

Its obvious that this readme is a translation, but I think we need a better reference somewhere, with a little more elaborate instructions. Anyone care to lend a hand here?

Could we please have a list of some waffle-compatible games?

The ones I know of are Kanon, Air, and Clannad.
Snow may be as well.

Kanon is hard to find, even to buy. Took me a while ($$$ too) , but if anyone here has seen Excel Saga, they know they've gotta have it on their GPs. Ilpalazzo style.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kanon translation was pretty far in, I'll have a look at it's status. I would thing a patched version of Kanon is compatible if the original is.

*checks*

the version released is 57%, they said they were near to finishing in the summer and a final translation is due anytime

so, which of these games come in english?

None of them. But there are unofficial translation projects in the works. Kanon has gotten pretty far, but it seems the Air translation project went under a while back. As for Snow, I have no idea.

Screencap of translation:

xkanon1.jpg

Edit: Moved image link onto personal server to decrease load on Unix translation patch servers.

such pretty art...

but of a shame it'll have to be downsampled

Oh yeah a warning to unaware types : some of these games ARE adult. Don't be suprised to see graphic sex scenes during play. The bigger and more popular games like Kanon have edited versions though (as well as managing to spawn family friendly TV series)

I am still stuck at number one.....

Ok all who are interested, I found a source for the game, an ONLINE RETAILER, not torrentz or p2pz, that'd get me in trouble. ;- )

I got mine off ebay, but this seems the best place to grab em.

http://www.himeyashop.com/

In case you cannot find em on the page yourself:

Kanon:

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php...products_id/202

Air:

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php...products_id/201

Clannad:

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php...products_id/200

word of warning: that version of kanon posted is not compatible with the upcoming translation, only the PC-CD version is compatible.

Back