Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

I hope you get one soon. You will be a credit to the Shield community here  ;) .

OK ...here is the latest. 

I am sure most of you have found really no improvements with the ability to transfer game data onto your sd card. The reason is that as of now only .apk files can be transferred to the micro sd card.No other data game files can be fully transferred. As you may know,,Shield games are not .apk files. So as in my case[and some others] my internal storage is maxed out and I cannot transfer any game data files to my 16gb micro sd card or download new games.However I was chatting with a bloke from Nvidia and he assured me that sometime this month there will be yet another update so that all Shield games can be fully transferred to the sd card.

****When you go to apps>move to sd card, the OS will acknowledge the transfer but in reality there is no actual storage on the card so don't be fooled like I was. If you check your storage section you will see there is no or little data on the card  :(   :angry: ****

Apparently there were some legal issues involved with Android.

Cheers to that!!

Last edited:
That is amazing but I am still upset about the SD card situation I posted^^

I reckon until publishers have a more open view your up CocoCreek without a paddle
Well I was told there will be another update for this problem this month so...I will get the paddle back :p

and it's not just me ..many others are upset about this.

Last edited:
Yeah m8 its ridiculous imagine how big a 4k movie will be youll be lucky if you can hav 1 game 1 movie and some music nvidia should have thought of that(but i guess price is a factor)ps sorry about the pun too tempting

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah m8 its ridiculous imagine how big a 4k movie will be youll be lucky if you can hav 1 game 1 movie and some music nvidia should have thought of that(but i guess price is a factor)ps sorry about the pun too tempting
It was a funny pun.  I agree with you about the price but I also read that there were some legal issues involved with Android copyright infringements. They are scared about pirating amongst Shield owners. So I guess they have to figure out a way that if you download a Shield game from Tegra Zone and place it in your SD card,,, nobody else can copy it to their Shield. Apparently with .apk games it does not matter. 

I did manage to kill some other apps I have no use for that are on my internal storage so that freed up almost 1 gig of space. I was able to download a free game I wanted called Beach Buggy Blitz and that was about 100mb so at least I squeezed that in. Let me tell one thing. For what it is worth I really let Nvidia know how appalled I was on the tele. ...and it was like pulling out teeth with a string to get them to give me an approximate time frame on when this SD card problem will be rectified. It really is a travesty in my opinion. I really thought the last update would remedy the problem but really it just was a facade or rather a put on.

OK ranting is over. Let's hope they patch up this mess soon otherwise I might consider selling the bugger.

Last edited:
It was a funny pun.  I agree with you about the price but I also read that there were some legal issues involved with Android copyright infringements. They are scared about pirating amongst Shield owners. So I guess they have to figure out a way that if you download a Shield game from Tegra Zone and place it in your SD card,,, nobody else can copy it to their Shield. Apparently with .apk games it does not matter. 

I did manage to kill some other apps I have no use for that are on my internal storage so that freed up almost 1 gig of space. I was able to download a free game I wanted called Beach Buggy Blitz and that was about 100mb so at least I squeezed that in. Let me tell one thing. For what it is worth I really let Nvidia know how appalled I was on the tele. ...and it was like pulling out teeth with a string to get them to give me an approximate time frame on when this SD card problem will be rectified. It really is a travesty in my opinion. I really thought the last update would remedy the problem but really it just was a facade or rather a put on.

OK ranting is over. Let's hope they patch up this mess soon otherwise I might consider selling the bugger.
Could they not patch it the way microsoft did with the xbox 360 external storage

Could they not patch it the way microsoft did with the xbox 360 external storage
You would think so. That makes perfect sense to me.

Oh well then...I guess it is hurry up and wait now. :wacko:

Not to defend Nvidia but it is their first foray in making gaming hardware. Like I said previously I just hope they fix this mess soon otherwise I  might have a change of heart.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can give them a pass on this as well^

I'm sure there are some things they just didn't know about, are really didn't know the best way to address. Nintendo still has inferior issues in regards to their current systems and they have been in this industry 30+ years, so what's their excuse? :p

Yesterday was supposed to be my actual purchase day, but I think I'll hold out a little while longer. This memory issue is not a HUGE deal, but I would like it worked out before I come on board.

My Shield sales actually went very well over the last month, as today I sold my last one. That was 20 units in less than a month(Not Bad). Demand is still pretty high actually, but I think I'm done for now. I earned enough for my unit and then some ;) , and that's all I really wanted. Hopefully the emu's will be seeing some improvement as well before I take the plunge and enter the Shield arena.

Chris

Isn't the issue re: not being able to store games on uSD an Android issue.  Every other Android device I've seen seems to have this same issue. Even the Ouya has this issue.  Ouya is still trying to work out a way for people to be able to put games on external storage. Pretty big issue for them , as there revenue is based on game sales , and if someone has maxed there Ouya storage it means no more game sales. There is an ongoing thread about it over on their forum.

That's a damn fine question, sadly I have no clue. My last order showed up last Monday from them and they where still 299 wen I placed that order. Let me check around and see if I can find some info. I was planning to get mine from them, but I may have to wait even further now. Their still 299 on Nvidia site and since Newegg is an official seller, this may be a computer error.

Chris

Isn't the issue re: not being able to store games on uSD an Android issue.  Every other Android device I've seen seems to have this same issue. Even the Ouya has this issue.  Ouya is still trying to work out a way for people to be able to put games on external storage. Pretty big issue for them , as there revenue is based on game sales , and if someone has maxed there Ouya storage it means no more game sales. There is an ongoing thread about it over on their forum.
That's why OpenPandora is cool. No BS like this :)

Back