Nvidia's Project Shield - 'Android & Tegra 4 inside'

and why would you choose cramped handheld controller over mouse&keyboard or proper pc controller?
For exactly the same reasons you'd buy a Pandora instead of a laptop. Gaming on the go.

I don't understand or like it either BTW.
no, I ment in relation to playing your games at your desk or on the couch, cramped handheld is a fair compromise otg but at home?

Makes perfect sense to me.  Whats not to like about it.  

My favourite Handheld is the DS ,  Great Battery life, pocketable (sort of)  etc .  But I cannot play it more than an hour or 2 , the controls and design are just way to small and cramp worthy.  I'll take a handheld with real controller any day of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of like the design aesthetically speaking.  Looks like a design Alienware would have come up with.

Still can't believe they jammed three 3400mah batteries in it, should make for Pandora-ish battery life.

outch it's so ugly :/ 

Seriously it looks like an old Tiger or Kids game.

51N1LM1c1SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I like the design too, although I agree with ED they took a no-brainer approach. Which is good, frankly, I think what came out will ultimately work well. Not the prettiest thing but one would hope damn comfortable. Not pocketable either, but oh well, it's awesome.

If they price it right ($200 - $250 max)  Im in.  But it's Nvidia , they are not known to sell things cheaply even though they well could since they are making the T4 chip. Priced right , this could make huge waves,

Ugly? That looks like it's finally something you can hold in your hands for a while without suffering edge'n'corner-pressure-agony after a few minutes (lookin at you, pandora ;) ).

Back