Notaz and his Pandora!!

I own an Archos 605 so I can comment on it's screen. The resolution is fab, this is the first thing I really noticed compared to a psp , my ipod touch and my Samsung Omnia phone. I never really liked watching movies on my psp due to ghosting which I've never really noticed on the 605.
Overall contrast on the 605 is pretty good, bright whites are considerably brighter than the dark greys but the blacks are never blacker than dark grey. I've got the Harry Potter 605 ( with the first 4 movies on it)and I'm never sure whether this was a good promotion for Archos as the Potter films are quite dark and don't really show off the screen at it's best.
I'd say it was a great screen for gaming, web browsing, watching tv shows and bright movies, but not so great for watching dark movies ( better than an itouch though )
I think most people will be happy with the screen.

craigix said:
It is the same screen. Why would I and Michael make something like that up?
I'm sure the 4000 people who have trusted us with their money hope I can be trusted, hey?

Ok, I'm not gonna troll this time.

Yes, they do hope you can be trusted. At least on here. Around the rest of the web, people hold us all up as laughing stocks because we're still waiting. I do recall pre-ordering on the understanding that MP would be started about November 2008. Then all the bank stuff happened, and understandably the project got pushed back. January, february, march came around. It was still just around the corner. "I'm prepared to say July". I believe those were your exact words. Of course, at that point the case moulds hadn't even been ordered, let alone the cases. A very long time after MP was supposed to have started, nothing was really ready enough to head into production.

It's stuff like that which make you a appear to be a very untrustworthy person. I know you're trustworthy - you've had a lot of my cash in the past for various bits and pieces through your GBAX business and I've never had a single problem with you. You were quite active in the Speccy scene a lot of years ago, and I doubt you've changed much since. I tend to joke about your dodgy speccy CDs, but anyone who can remake JSW to the level you did can't be all bad.

But to people who don't know you or your business, this all looks very, very bad. And when you say "it's just two more months" or "the moulds will only take 30-45 days" I tend not to believe you anymore. Now the Pandora looks to be coming out in February. Or maybe March.

But probably not. I mean, we're at the final hurdle, yes? Again. What's going to delay it next time?

I'd love for this to be the last hurdle, but now that you're saying it is, I'm doubting it.

If you don't trust me then I'm not comfortable having your Pandora order, if you have one.

As I said, I trust you with my money. I had to re-order and did it willingly way back this time last year - give or take a month or two. Back when I trusted whatever you said with regard to time-scales.

I don't believe you'll get the finished cases before chinese new year. I know you believe it though, just like you believed MP would start (and finish) in November of 2008.

You did believe that, didn't you?

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony, you've got some shit on your nose there.

Why persist on starting trouble?

I'm sure you nor anyone else can be better than the service you're using?

Company says cases are ready in 2009, then company goes shit - ready in 2010.

How is that Craig, ED or anyone else's fault? :angry:

angry-monkey.jpg

first of all, sorry for the off-topic, but Dunny really made me think:

Dunny said:
craigix said:
I'm sure the 4000 people who have trusted us with their money hope I can be trusted, hey?

Ok, I'm not gonna troll this time.

Yes, they do hope you can be trusted. At least on here. Around the rest of the web, people hold us all up as laughing stocks because we're still waiting. I do recall pre-ordering on the understanding that MP would be started about November 2008. Then all the bank stuff happened, and understandably the project got pushed back. January, february, march came around. It was still just around the corner. "I'm prepared to say July". I believe those were your exact words. Of course, at that point the case moulds hadn't even been ordered, let alone the cases. A very long time after MP was supposed to have started, nothing was really ready enough to head into production.

It's stuff like that which make you a appear to be a very untrustworthy person. I know you're trustworthy - you've had a lot of my cash in the past for various bits and pieces through your GBAX business and I've never had a single problem with you. You were quite active in the Speccy scene a lot of years ago, and I doubt you've changed much since. I tend to joke about your dodgy speccy CDs, but anyone who can remake JSW to the level you did can't be all bad.

But to people who don't know you or your business, this all looks very, very bad. And when you say "it's just two more months" or "the moulds will only take 30-45 days" I tend not to believe you anymore. Now the Pandora looks to be coming out in February. Or maybe March.

But probably not. I mean, we're at the final hurdle, yes? Again. What's going to delay it next time?

I'd love for this to be the last hurdle, but now that you're saying it is, I'm doubting it.

If you don't trust me then I'm not comfortable having your Pandora order, if you have one.

As I said, I trust you with my money. I had to re-order and did it willingly way back this time last year - give or take a month or two. Back when I trusted whatever you said with regard to time-scales.

I don't believe you'll get the finished cases before chinese new year. I know you believe it though, just like you believed MP would start (and finish) in November of 2008.

You did believe that, didn't you?

D.

I hope the next hurdle isn't "so how are we gonna assemble this 4K units? lol", keeping people involved in all the process, so maybe they get entertained with it...
(like with all this "learn what injection moulding is, and what problems can happen" BS)

When I bought my pandora with a (now much cheaper) 32gb sdhc card, I really thought it wouldn't take longer than May 09...

The best thing I've done this past year is to stay away from these forums... people are wasting a lot of time weekly for more than a year here, helping in nothing.
I hope to only come back here once it's actually launched, not on yet another lengthy delay. some delays have excuses, most don't.

Amigo Bandito Crujiente said:
You have to also take into account that he photographed these with what was most likely an automatic light-adjusting point-and-shoot camera.

They've always been horrendous at photographing screens of any sort. Those pictures are a far cry from how the screen will actually appear in person.
Some of the pictures are quite blurry, but this one is quite crisp. If you take a look at the exif-data you'll see that the shutter speed is 1/60th of a second (=0.017s) (also that it isn't a simple point and shoot-camera, and that its set to manual exposure). I'd say that notaz knows what he's doing here.

LuvClub said:
Craigix isn't untrustworthy, he is just unreliable.

The thing is, or A thing is, can you trust the word of someone who is unreliable?

Resisting the temptation now! Honest! :D

Dunny, your answer to Craig must be one of the stronger yet most mature and constructive I have read in this forum since I'm following it. For 'newcomers' like me it's still amazing to hear all stories from the first times and that still so many people are behind this project. That says A LOT about the community here (apart from the occasional troll...) but.. it also says a lot about the developers of this product...

I think Craigix is our hero, and like all hero's he must be roasted at the stake for every single little mistake he's ever made.

I look forward to him being a rich hero after the 3rd batch sells out. I'll be doing my part to helping that happen, anyway ..

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
When I bought my pandora with a (now much cheaper) 32gb sdhc card, I really thought it wouldn't take longer than May 09...

The best thing I've done this past year is to stay away from these forums... people are wasting a lot of time weekly for more than a year here, helping in nothing.
I hope to only come back here once it's actually launched, not on yet another lengthy delay. some delays have excuses, most don't.

Amen. I've recently started prodding the forums a bit now things are picking up speed a little, but I think I would have gone crazy if I'd spent too much time on here! I mostly just read op.org and pandora press every 2-3 days.

Exophase said:
craigix said:

Dunny is a troll, he admits it routinely. Not that he didn't mean what he said this time, but it's not really worth engaging him on it. I think that regularly ending these responses with talk about canceling orders isn't very good for your image. Especially now that you're implying you'll cancel someone's order over a personal dispute, I think you should reconsider saying things like that :/

I agree with Expophase on this. You come across very spiteful: a kid throwing his toys out the pram.

kikeminchas said:
Dunny, your answer to Craig must be one of the stronger yet most mature and constructive I have read in this forum since I'm following it. For 'newcomers' like me it's still amazing to hear all stories from the first times and that still so many people are behind this project. That says A LOT about the community here (apart from the occasional troll...) but.. it also says a lot about the developers of this product...

And I await any form of rebuke or response from the party challenged. Not that I expect one - any reply would either be an outright lie or very damaging on a public forum.

D.

Poem58 said:
Why Doesn't someone just PM Notaz? His new pics showed the Pandora next to a PSP, maybe he can just yank the battery and plug in his PSP adapter and then we can have a definite answer as to if the battery has to be there or not!? I'm really surprised that this late in the game there are still not definite answers to something like this.
I remember reading that if the battery was unable to charge that was OK, but it had to be there for the AC to function. So in less than a minute Notaz could solve the issue once and for all. I would ask him myslef but my internet access is temporarily out and I can only catch a nearby access point for a few moments at a time. Here's hoping THIS goes through to the router on the next block!

Look, it's a question about Notaz's Pandora.

Vlynndar said:
Poem58 said:
Why Doesn't someone just PM Notaz? His new pics showed the Pandora next to a PSP, maybe he can just yank the battery and plug in his PSP adapter and then we can have a definite answer as to if the battery has to be there or not!? I'm really surprised that this late in the game there are still not definite answers to something like this.
I remember reading that if the battery was unable to charge that was OK, but it had to be there for the AC to function. So in less than a minute Notaz could solve the issue once and for all. I would ask him myslef but my internet access is temporarily out and I can only catch a nearby access point for a few moments at a time. Here's hoping THIS goes through to the router on the next block!

Look, it's a question about Notaz's Pandora.
Oh wow, I thought this thread was sabotaged and derailed ages ago.

Yes it works fine without a battery with my PSP adepter. For a long time it would just reset whenever higher load came up (turning on the backlight), but after combination of software and hardware tweaks it works.

notaz said:
Yes it works fine without a battery with my PSP adepter. For a long time it would just reset whenever higher load came up (turning on the backlight), but after combination of software and hardware tweaks it works.
Yesssss!!!

Back