Notaz and his Pandora!!

I don't know what screens the other devices have, but the Pandora has a matte screen, this might play a role, too.

Great to see the No 1 dev on the GP2X has a Pandora. Good decision Craig! I hope we will see some stable and optimized Notaz ports when the Pandora is launched.

Nova said:
Awakening said:
mali said:
Awakening said:
Let's hope that the final screen have better contrast. Or is the brightness setting cranked up to max?
There was a talk about B-quality screens in the last days, maybe this has to be taken into account when interpreting the contrast.
Yeah, the screen shown here is not the ones that will go into the MP Pandoras

It's already been said that B grade refers to the condition of the screen, and not the screen itself. OP have been cagey and not told us whether they are the same make of screen yet.

Though possibly Craig has hinted at it when he says that the real ones are black when switched off. I just don't know anymore.

Nova said:
sverm said:
What ever happened to the Archos 605 screen being a comparable screen, performance- and quality- wise?

I remember that! How interesting, I wonder if it's still the case (can't see how it wouldn't be unless we were being fibbed to).

Was it Craig who said that? If so, you should know by now that you can't trust him.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny said:
Was it Craig who said that? If so, you should know by now that you can't trust him.

D.
We had extensive explanations regarding the inverted LCD ribbon and all and it has always been common knowledge that the panel is the same as the 605's. The latest confirmation came from MWeston not long ago IIRC.

mali said:
Dunny said:

D.
We had extensive explanations regarding the inverted LCD ribbon and all and it has always been common knowledge that the panel is the same as the 605's. The latest confirmation came from MWeston not long ago IIRC.

That's good, I trust MWeston more than I do Craig. By a country mile. I still remain skeptical though.

D.

Dunny said:
That's good, I trust MWeston more than I do Craig. By a country mile. I still remain skeptical though.

D.
Just for reference, here is the quote
MWeston said:
Enverex said:
Replacement screens can be purchased already, they are £120 though (look up the Archos 605 screens).
Actually, the Archos 605 screen won't work in Pandora. Even though it's basically the same display with all of the 60 pins on the cable being the same, they are flipped! (Pin 1 = Pin 60). Archos took the display and asked the manufacturer to make a custom version with the reverse pinout and the cable off to one side instead of down the center. Comparisons to the Archos screen are only good for screen quality and glossiness analysis.

BaDToaD said:
If the screens were that bad why haven't any of you picked up on that from the videos? Beacuse they aren't too bad maybe? LOL
Never seen it next to another device like this before. But looking at an old video like this one you can see the same bright sidebars. This of course is the exact same Pandora so it's not the final screen.

As mentioned before, this screen does not turn black as the others when turned off.

Dunny said:

D.

It is the same screen. Why would I and Michael make something like that up?

I'm sure the 4000 people who have trusted us with their money hope I can be trusted, hey?

If you don't trust me then I'm not comfortable having your Pandora order, if you have one.

:pandora2ut4:

People are getting grumpy now..

Be_Happy.jpg

craigix said:
I'm sure the 4000 people who have trusted us with their money hope I can be trusted, hey?

I trust you Craigix. It's your sources that set the expectations wrong.

craigix said:
It is the same screen. Why would I and Michael make something like that up?

If you don't trust me then I'm not comfortable having your Pandora order, if you have one.

Dunny is a troll, he admits it routinely. Not that he didn't mean what he said this time, but it's not really worth engaging him on it. I think that regularly ending these responses with talk about canceling orders isn't very good for your image. Especially now that you're implying you'll cancel someone's order over a personal dispute, I think you should reconsider saying things like that :/

Back