Notaz and his Pandora!!

Awakening said:
Let's hope that the final screen have better contrast. Or is the brightness setting cranked up to max?
There was a talk about B-quality screens in the last days, maybe this has to be taken into account when interpreting the contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dead1nside said:
That's a lot of blur/ghosting on all of those devices.

That would be from taking a still shot of a moving screen. :rolleyes:

PSP vs Pandora is the most interesting comparison. Button and nub size in particular. The Pandora looks much more comfortable, but I've always prefered the very attractive layout of the PSP.

mali said:
Awakening said:
Let's hope that the final screen have better contrast. Or is the brightness setting cranked up to max?
There was a talk about B-quality screens in the last days, maybe this has to be taken into account when interpreting the contrast.
Yeah, the screen shown here is not the ones that will go into the MP Pandoras.

Butterman said:
PSP vs Pandora is the most interesting comparison. Button and nub size in particular. The Pandora looks much more comfortable, but I've always prefered the very attractive layout of the PSP.
In these shots I like to compare the screens, notice how much darker the edges are on the PSP. I personally find the PSP to look very hard to hold and play with.

You have to also take into account that he photographed these with what was most likely an automatic light-adjusting point-and-shoot camera.

They've always been horrendous at photographing screens of any sort. Those pictures are a far cry from how the screen will actually appear in person.

Awakening said:
mali said:
Awakening said:
Yeah, the screen shown here is not the ones that will go into the MP Pandoras

It's already been said that B grade refers to the condition of the screen, and not the screen itself. OP have been cagey and not told us whether they are the same make of screen yet.

Though possibly Craig has hinted at it when he says that the real ones are black when switched off. I just don't know anymore.

sverm said:
What ever happened to the Archos 605 screen being a comparable screen, performance- and quality- wise?

I remember that! How interesting, I wonder if it's still the case (can't see how it wouldn't be unless we were being fibbed to).

It's slightly concerning that, bar the first shot, the Pandora's screen looks the worst by a country mile!

I'm going to put it down to circumstances... there was probably far much more motion occurring on the Pandora screen at any given time.

If the screens were that bad why haven't any of you picked up on that from the videos? Beacuse they aren't too bad maybe? LOL

Stop fretting over nothing FGS.

Back