Nintendo Wii U

You asked what colour to get. I stated what each represents. If you can get any WiiU for $100 then just go for it. Why are you still asking about it here. Grab it before it goes elsewhere.

Seriously do you look at the console while you're playing? And you probably won't notice it much when you're not.

Heyz~ Should I get a Black or White Wii U? I used to have a black one before, but now I'm not sure whether I should go back to black?

My son has the black Wii U, and it's a dust magnet, but he doesn't care. Plus it's normally dim light around it, so it can't really be seen. For me personally, I can't stand black anything device wise, especially when it has a glossy finish. My PS3 is a slim black, but it has a matte finish, and is probably the only black system I kind of liked. I'll take any color over black, unless it's some neon crap, or girly color :p

If you can get the system for $100, does the color matter? Just buy it cheap and spray paint it, or get a cool decal if you don't like the color. I was really hoping "N" was going to release a "red" system, or some other cool color to go with Bayonetta when it released, but thinking they would ever bundle a "M" rated game with  console was stupidity on my part, what was I thinking?

Chris

My son has the black Wii U, and it's a dust magnet, but he doesn't care. Plus it's normally dim light around it, so it can't really be seen. For me personally, I can't stand black anything device wise, especially when it has a glossy finish. My PS3 is a slim black, but it has a matte finish, and is probably the only black system I kind of liked. I'll take any color over black, unless it's some neon crap, or girly color :p

If you can get the system for $100, does the color matter? Just buy it cheap and spray paint it, or get a cool decal if you don't like the color. I was really hoping "N" was going to release a "red" system, or some other cool color to go with Bayonetta when it released, but thinking they would ever bundle a "M" rated game with  console was stupidity on my part, what was I thinking?

Chris

Every time I read a post of yours with "N", I instinctively imagine you doing air quotes and saying the letter emphasized. Anyone else getting the same?

Pricey, don't forget that I already have a family friend who would sell me hers (nice black one) for $100 bucks, but now I'm thinking how nice the white one looks. I'll just see I go next month.

I have the white. I think it's harder to get a matching pro-controller, I had to import mine from Canada because UK shops don't sell them.

Pricey, don't forget that I already have a family friend who would sell me hers (nice black one) for $100 bucks, but now I'm thinking how nice the white one looks. I'll just see I go next month.

I have the white. I think it's harder to get a matching pro-controller, I had to import mine from Canada because UK shops don't sell them.
I was lucky, as I bought one a few years back on sale, when they first decided to go with the black system mostly here in the states. Since getting my son a Wii U last Christmas, I have yet to find a reason to even open it, as most of the games work fine with the tablet. I guess if I ever get in to some serious DKCTF, I might break it out, as I'm sure I'll need the best controls possible to get 100% in that beast of a game :lol:

Chris

I was lucky, as I bought one a few years back on sale, when they first decided to go with the black system mostly here in the states. Since getting my son a Wii U last Christmas, I have yet to find a reason to even open it, as most of the games work fine with the tablet. I guess if I ever get in to some serious DKCTF, I might break it out, as I'm sure I'll need the best controls possible to get 100% in that beast of a game :lol:

Chris
I have my WiiU connected to a projector showing 130 inches of goodness. I play my WiiU on the controller tablet.....I would imagine if it were white it wouldn't be quite as good. Luckily I got the black Wind Waker WiiU edition.

Chris
I have my WiiU connected to a projector showing 130 inches of goodness. I play my WiiU on the controller tablet.....I would imagine if it were white it wouldn't be quite as good. Luckily I got the black Wind Waker WiiU edition.
130 inches? I can't match that! You win!!!!

I may need a projector like that sometime in the future. How cool would a dreamcast be running on that.

Really looking forward to play some Wii U, because my PS4 has been collecting dust for a very, very, very long time now. Wii U will be the only console I will own that I won't be spending much money on.

Necroing this thread because I finally got around to picking up a WiiU a couple weeks ago. You can find them pretty cheap on ebay these days (I got a complete kit in good shape for under $100). For those unaware, the system is fully hackable, and there are some decent homebrew games available. Retroarch is working well up to PS1 for your older emulation needs.

Probably the coolest thing about it is the VC injectors. These allow you to package up ROMs from any of nintendo's pre-wiiU consoles and use Nintendo's (very good) emulators to play them. This includes wii and GC games, which nothing else in this price range will handle. The tablet/gamepad is something I didn't think I'd like, but it's actually pretty slick. You can play most games strictly on the gamepad, so you don't need to tie up the TV. Obviously the 2nd screen makes DS gaming pretty much flawless too.

If you're looking for one system that will handle just about everything nintendo (up until a few years ago), then consider picking up a WiiU.

Necroing this thread because I finally got around to picking up a WiiU a couple weeks ago. You can find them pretty cheap on ebay these days (I got a complete kit in good shape for under $100). For those unaware, the system is fully hackable, and there are some decent homebrew games available. Retroarch is working well up to PS1 for your older emulation needs.

Probably the coolest thing about it is the VC injectors. These allow you to package up ROMs from any of nintendo's pre-wiiU consoles and use Nintendo's (very good) emulators to play them. This includes wii and GC games, which nothing else in this price range will handle. The tablet/gamepad is something I didn't think I'd like, but it's actually pretty slick. You can play most games strictly on the gamepad, so you don't need to tie up the TV. Obviously the 2nd screen makes DS gaming pretty much flawless too.

If you're looking for one system that will handle just about everything nintendo (up until a few years ago), then consider picking up a WiiU.

I just got a hackable switch for cheap or i would have jumped on this. I actuallyplay my hacked wii often

Back