Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

Yeah, Amazon UK has a fairly good returns policy, and I've returned things before after opening them and discovering they didn't quite fit the need I had for them. All online shops should have similar processes according to EU regs, but I remember some of them making it very hard to open any kind of RMA in the olden days, and I only really buy physical stuff from ED's shop and Amazon, and other shops that have a physical retail presence more locally.

I don't think Nintendo makes any kind of direct sales through an intermediary over here or in the states though, it all goes through channels to retail, so there's no way for retailers to return unsold stock. As far as I can recall from Switch disassemblies I've seen, the internals are fairly modular though, so if there a way to get units to Nintendo repair shops, they could be upgraded, but I personally have no idea how that would work for me.

..., it all goes through channels to retail, so there's no way for retailers to return unsold stock.
I've got my Switch using an offer, in which I got a meaningfull discount for turning in my Wii U with two games at Game Stop. This was offered by Nintendo, not Game Stop. So some kind of return channel has been open at least once.

I literally just replaced one of mine yesterday. Took about 10 minutes and was pretty easy to do aside from fighting with ridiculously short ribbon cables. I can't say I put the blame on Nintendo though as my kids have given this thing two years of abuse

I'm going to assume there will be something different on the box that signifies it's a new model or not

Of course after the class-action lawsuit was started, apparently "N" has decided to do the right thing, although not 100% confirmed yet, but seems likely at this point.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...drift_for_free_will_refund_customers_who_paid

My son's are fine, but this drift issue is hardware based, and like the RRoD, it seems like it's not a matter of "if" they start to drift, but "when" they start. So once official details are given, I plan to send in both my Son's pairs, so they can replace the bad part, as the JC's are to expensive to just wait until they fail. No company ever wants to tell the truth, and admit fault, but that's what the lawsuit seems to have forced out of "N", and I say it was a good thing to have happen. As they should have made good before hand, as this was all their own screw up from the start.

Chris

The Joycon drift issue reminds me a lot of the Pandora's similar nub drift issue.

My Pandora nubs have never lost their zero point, so they've never drifted. They have been what I'll call 'wilful' on many occasions though, especially the right hand one, which according to the input tester will often develop flat edges across the circle, stopping it going in certain directions.

Ahahaha, Doom on Switch with online activation DRM and botched speed (especially the music) due to not being a proper source port but being remade in Unity.
What a mess.
[doublepost=1564255745,1564244913][/doublepost]It gets even better:
unknown.png

[doublepost=1564259105][/doublepost]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doom_source_ports
https://zdoom.org/wiki/license
The source code was originally released under a proprietary license that prohibited commercial use and did not require programmers to provide the source code for the modifications they released in executable form, but it was later re-released on October 3, 1999 under the GNU General Public License after requests from the community.
If I understood that right, the original Doom engine has a license that needs all modifications to be made open source since 1999 and Bethesda didn't like that
and ZDoom has code with various licenses mixed together.

Fantasy Strike has a Switch release, if anyone's interested in fighting games

The big change with both the Lite and updated Switch are they both use a Tegra X1 that has been fabricated now using a much smaller node size. Thus the reduced power consumption and increased battery life on the Switch

Even the Switch lite which has a 15% smaller battery than the old Switch, has a better battery life than the old Switch.

Back