Nintendo Revolution Specs Have Been Released

I think the whole processign power balls comes down to high def now

as I dont have a hig def TV the the only difference worth mentioning between the 360 and the Xbox is when a game like Ghost Recon can process multiple viewpoint and stuff in realtime

and, although im sure it will show a vast improvement, so far developers have gone OTT with graphics, sure Knockout kings rocks, but then look at all the lense flair and shinyness in PD Zero

im sure developers will get over this when they find other things to do will all that raw power,

I think one of the reasons for the low power is because nintendo have come to terms with the fact they are playing second fiddle to Sony and are designing a system that will be nice as a second machine

I know for a fact the DS system would not bve a worthwhile buy if I didnt have a PS2 to play proper console games on, and I think the same will be true next gen, people will get a PS3 or 360 for their hardcore games, then when they wann chill out play the revolution

if it was your only console all the innovation bollocks will get on your tits after a while, as long as RSI doesnt set in first

mattmagoo posted on Apr 7 2006 at 03:00 PM said:
if it was your only console all the innovation bollocks will get on your tits after a while, as long as RSI doesnt set in first

Or if you don't care about graphics and actually want some good games consistantly then get the Ninty console.... [/sarcasm on good games on Nintendo console]

=p

Seriously, I hate the stupid graphics war that has been going on since, well, video games have started. It's stupid, I want to be entertained by gameplay, not by graphics. I hate the fact that back then there were a lot more good games because the graphics were easy to make, and therefore programmers can work on content more. I am not saying Nintendo can fix this, but if the consumers want shinyness, go for it I guess...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku posted on Apr 7 2006 at 02:46 PM said:
I want to be entertained by gameplay, not by graphics. I hate the fact that back then there were a lot more good games because the graphics were easy to make, and therefore programmers can work on content more. I am not saying Nintendo can fix this, but if the consumers want shinyness, go for it I guess...
As a person who knows a thing or two about making games, I can't emphasize enough the importance of the last month of game development. Only by that time, the development team can finally see the overview of the game and check if the game they envisioned is THE game that they're looking at. A lot of adjustments goes in from that point, and those adjustments usually make or break the game. Castlevania: Symphonia of Night is a good example of this case; the amount of fine details and refinements went into this "mere 2d" game is simply mind-boggling.

What this super complex graphics programming in recent years and PS3 and X360 brought to the table is the longer development time. Many developers do not have a month of tweaking time because they have barely enough time to finish the game. What we get in return is games with less refinements and less fine touches. With this approach, more of sandbox type games (GTA and Sims) will have a better chance to succeed because lack of refinements can be excused in exchange of more gameplay freedom that generic 3D real-physic-based game engines can offer.

I don't see either approach is necessarily wrong; it's rather matter of tastes and individual preference. However, since the offering of PS3 and X360 is so similar to each other, I don't think there is a room for both to succeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back