Nintendo Makes Some Announcements

I was in your position, Nova, until a few weeks ago when I started playing Mario Strikers again online. Have to say I've gotten a lot better at it now although I keep getting disconnected from the people I am playing online. And there are still an amazingly high amount of disconnectors still out there.

Oh, and we should all be playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on DS anyway to stave away any boredom with the Wii. Got it on release day and it's awesome. Really good. Feels a bit short seeing how quick I am managing to go through it although there have been bits where I was stuck because I couldn't figure out what to do.

Ganepark32 said:
I was in your position, Nova, until a few weeks ago when I started playing Mario Strikers again online. Have to say I've gotten a lot better at it now although I keep getting disconnected from the people I am playing online. And there are still an amazingly high amount of disconnectors still out there.

Oh, and we should all be playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on DS anyway to stave away any boredom with the Wii. Got it on release day and it's awesome. Really good. Feels a bit short seeing how quick I am managing to go through it although there have been bits where I was stuck because I couldn't figure out what to do.
Yeah, my friend helped me obtain it. I really love my friends. They always help you when in need.

That's what friends R4 I suppose :p

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster said:
Ganepark32 said:

Yeah, my friend helped me obtain it. I really love my friends. They always help you when in need.

That's what friends R4 I suppose :p

Puntastic :rolleyes:

:p

Disgraceful. You should have went out and bought the game. Thats what I do nowadays. I only buy the games that I really want and the others I'll just borrow from friends or such.

Oh... and I got myself MP3. 'Tis awesome. You can really see the difference graphics wise from MP3 to other Wii games. This looks like a proper one. And the controls are spot on. I stuck it on advance setting for sensitivity and it feels like im using a mouse and keyboard, albeit with no desk under me hands. Not played too much of it as I'm going to try and make it span from now until November 16th when Super Mario Galaxy is out.

I'm kind of a collector. I go around my local game stores looking for rare Megadrive games for my collection. But they've all now stopped putting the retro games out on their shelves so I don't know what they have in store. Missed on Mickey Mania for Megadrive because of that. I also should have kept my gamecube version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. They're getting harder and harder to find now so I may buy it again and store it away.

May consider an R4 for my xmas. Like you, I'm bored of buying games and then finding out that they are terrible. I don't mind buying the occasional game but with the DS I ahve played some truly awful games on it. LostMagic and Snowboard Kids to name but two. I think the best time I've ha dplaying my DS before I got Phantom Hourglass was going through Trauma Centre. That was a pain in the backside to finish but I did it.

Finished Phantom Hourglass yesterday. Was absolutely brilliant. Definitely going to have another run through on it.

edit: keep getting stuck on MP3. ON previous ones it was kind of clear where you were to go but it's a bit unclear on where to go at the bit I'm at now. Not far in but its like the 3rd time I've been stuck trying to work out where to go. Very good so far. Loving the whole Hypermode thing.

£30 is an absolute ripoff for DS games considering you can get PSP games for the same price, which must have cost much more to develop. I remember how annoyed I was when I bought warioware and there was nothing left to do after 2 hours.
Though admittedly a few games are worth it, most aren't even close.

Ganepark32 said:
November 16th when Super Mario Galaxy is out.
Mario Galaxy was leaked online about 1 - 2 weeks ago. I think someone removed the disc from one of those demo machines that they have in game stores and it turned out it was the full game.

Oops. Oh well, looks like some people will be downloading it. I won't. I'll be getting it and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 on the 16th. I would have expected it to be up for download by now anyway, what with it being out in Japan now. Wonder how well it is doing sales wise out there? hmmm.... I'll need to find out but I'm sure its doing exceptionally well.

Ganepark32 said:
Oops. Oh well, looks like some people will be downloading it. I won't. I'll be getting it and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 on the 16th. I would have expected it to be up for download by now anyway, what with it being out in Japan now. Wonder how well it is doing sales wise out there? hmmm.... I'll need to find out but I'm sure its doing exceptionally well.

its not selling as well as they thought it would over in japan -

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=22482

Galaxy Sold 130,000 where as SUper Mario Bros sold 400,000 on launch

130,000 is not bad for a first day on sale. I did expect it to do much better than that but then is it not the lull before the big holiday in japan? Not sure. But yeh not too bad for first day sales. Could have done much worse.

I still haven't been sent my wii condom yet...

I personally don't see the point in the Wiimote sleeves nintendo gave away for free so I didn't bother ordering any. I know they were free but I've not had any trouble keeping hold of my Wiimotes so I didn't bother.

Ganepark32 said:
I personally don't see the point in the Wiimote sleeves nintendo gave away for free so I didn't bother ordering any. I know they were free but I've not had any trouble keeping hold of my Wiimotes so I didn't bother.
If anything happens and you'd like to sue nintendo, you can't. Their records need to show that you purchased a sleeve or they're not going to be liable.

Back