Nintendo Makes Some Announcements

Ganepark32

Suit Up!
Website
Visit site
Nintendo held a Conference today in japan for the japanese and world press and have made a few announcements, some of which I would deem good enough to create this topic.

Firstly, those in America and Japan expecting Smash Bros. Brawl by the end of the year will have to wait until 2008 like us Europeans. However, to take the sting out of the tail, Nintendo have announced Sonic the Hedgehog to appear in Brawl.

Then, Nintendo announced it has got Capcom to make Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii which, for the japanese market anyway, should be pretty big seeing as the second one was the fastest selling PSP game so far.

A whole slew of WiiWare titles were announced from Capcom, Bandai Namco, Hudson and Nintendo.

Motorcycles for Mario Kart Wii was announced.

And finally, the biggest announcement probably, the appearance of a DS Demo Channel.

For more info, just check any good gaming site (although many now are just god awful. Looking at Gamespot and IGN)

So, who's happy? I certainly am, especially with the DS Demo Channel.

I know the dozens of customers at my gamestop who reserved brawl will be crazy pissed that they wont be getting it by Xmas :lol:

DS demos sounds cool. Not terribly excited about any of it, tbh.

sensible GP32 said:
tbh sonic in super smash brothers just seems wrong.
No way. 16-bit nerds have been waiting forever to put Sonic and Mario into the steel cage and fight it out. Now, ten years after that era was mostly finished, they'll get their chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you look on the official Smash Bros. website and what the video for Sonic in Brawl he actually looks to fit pretty well. And you get to go Super Sonic, which is a nice touch.

Also, the push back is for Japan. However, NoA have changed the date for the American date from Dec. 3rd to TBD which will probably mean that it will be delayed until next year. I personally don't see it making any change to when Europe will get the game seeing as it was always going to come out in 2008. Will be interesting to see though, now that Snake and Sonic are in, who else may make an appearance. And with Nintendo looking to shy away from clones/doubles in terms of characteristics and moves, at least we won't have to put up with Shadow or something from the Sonic franchise. Perhaps a Dr. Robotnik boss for the story mode.

Mark my words, the next character will be Megaman.

Some people are suggesting either Rayman or, as Nova has stated, Megaman. Personally, I'd love to see the Rabbids making an appearance in the game even if it was only in the form of an assist trophy. I think those Rabbids are the best things to have come out of Ubisoft in the last few years and what with the new Raving Rabbids being a Nintendo exclusive, it makes perfect sense. Would be great PR as well for Raving Rabbids 2.

Today in britain a new channel was released called Metroid Prime 3 Preview.

I almost creamed myself till I realised that it was only video footage...

yep. Although if you're not wanting to spoil the game before it comes out, I would suggest not watching any of the videos bar the Corruption one as thats most probably the tv advert that they'll use if they're going to bother advertising the game on tv. Theres one more that, if i remember correctly, didnt spoil anything. I've only watched two of the videos as I'm trying not to spoil it what with the game being only a few days away. I'm more excited about MP3 than I was abou Halo 3.

An old rumor has flared up again. Apparently, several websites are reporting that Capcom announced Okami for the Wii at their London Gaming Event. However, there is surrently an embargo mean certain info can't be published on the net but it lifts tomorrow so we shall see if it really has been announced. What makes it believable is that the place responsible for confirming NiGHTS for the Wii, portuguese magazine MaxiConsolas, is the place that is heading this announcement.

As I've said though, looks like we'll have to wait until the embargo lifts tomorrow to see if it is announced.

Yeh, I'm hearing a lot of good things about the game as well from peeople that have played it, which is kind of why I'm more excited about it than I was with Halo 3. I need to go back and finish Metroid Prime 1 though. My memory card corrupted the save file I had which was close to the end. Although I've watched the ending on Youtube so there doesn't really seem to be much point.

edit: Capcom have gone ahead and announce that Okami WILL be coming to the Wii. rejoice! You can read it in the small detail that was said with it here

Ganepark32 said:
Yeh, I'm hearing a lot of good things about the game as well from peeople that have played it, which is kind of why I'm more excited about it than I was with Halo 3. I need to go back and finish Metroid Prime 1 though. My memory card corrupted the save file I had which was close to the end. Although I've watched the ending on Youtube so there doesn't really seem to be much point.

edit: Capcom have gone ahead and announce that Okami WILL be coming to the Wii. rejoice! You can read it in the small detail that was said with it here

MP1 is one of the few games I come back to fairly regularly and play through, I thought it was almost perfect. Although I'm sure you won't need to finish it to enjoy MP3 (especially if you've seen the ending), I doing so anyway. I personally enjoy wandering through the Chozo ruins and the ice temple just for the hell of it. Definitely in my all time top 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not long now till Metroid Prime 3. Dear god the anticipation is killing me.

On the subject of announcements, heres one I read a few hours ago. According to Edge magazine, Animal Crossing Wii will be an MMO. They say that their guy in Japan has managed to ascertain this information. Whether it's true or not we'll have to wait and see.

Personally for the new Animal Crossing on Wii, I'd like to see a similar trade set up like Pokemon Diamond and Pearl where you have a hub that you can deposit things in and say what you want in exchange for them.

My Wiimote Condom has just been shipped. Took them long enough.

Ah well. Currently, I don't play my Wii enough for that to be a big issue, sadly.

Bring on Metroid, Smash Bros and Mario Galaxy!

Back