Nintendo 3DS

Just got my Circle Pad Pro XL (and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but separatly, as there is no Bundle avaylable in Germany) , and its looks nice,

i can reach the Original Shoulderbuttons whitout Problems when i play a Game which ditnt supports the Circle Pad Pro, but i have the comfortable Holdings of the CPP..

But its now a "Monsterhandheld" but this Quite fits for "Monsterhunter"

Ditnt got the Time, to try the Game, but i think its also awesome..

At the other side: I dont even have a carry case which fits the 3DS XL and the Circle Pad Pro XL, but i think this isnt a big problem as the 3DS XL is a Nintendo Handheld, and a gameboy survive everything..

I got myself a 3DS-XL because of the big screen to play old DS games on it and got a single 3DS game.

The resolution is really way too low for the 3D effect to be nice, so i never use it at all

for the picture gets smoother after deactivating it.

This really needs some antialiasing...

Last edited by a moderator:
The new Fire Emblem demo is pretty cool. Shame the "board" is a little far away (the characters are a bit too small), but it's all still perfectly viewable. The battle animations are great, but I always end up turning them off as they just slow down the game. The 3D effect overall is very good at times, but doesn't really enhance the game at all.

I'll definitely buy the full version soon.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is really neat - shame the control system isn't as good as the GC version, but still very playable.

www.gateway-3ds.com

first, what appears to be real, flashcart for the 3ds running 3ds roms. this could be interesting. looking forward to more

www.gateway-3ds.com

first, what appears to be real, flashcart for the 3ds running 3ds roms. this could be interesting. looking forward to more
Interesting.. but presuming it's legitimate, I'd be extremely surprised if Nintendo doesn't very quickly render this completely useless with some mandatory update required to play the newest games.

www.gateway-3ds.com

Interesting.. but presuming it's legitimate, I'd be extremely surprised if Nintendo doesn't very quickly render this completely useless with some mandatory update required to play the newest games.
I'm sure they'll do an update in the same way they update now, and that does nothing(at least for my card: DSTwo). DSTwo updates FW within 24 hrs of Nintendo updates, and I'm right back in business. Once it's cracked, it's cracked.

So far the news I've seen, says this is just for playing games ONLY. No homebrew, and no way to run different region games. So for now, this doesn't really seem that great, and Nintendo may block it some way that works long term, as there are some cards currently that no longer work(but others do). I'm hoping fan translations can be done at some point, along with allowing for region by pass, but who knows. This is a start I guess, let's see where it goes.

Chris

www.gateway-3ds.com

I'm only looking forward to region freeing.
From what I'm reading around the web, this is bare bones back up play only(1:1 is how it's being described). So I'm not sure much of anything can be done at this point, but I know most end users want region free as well, so keep your fingers crossed that this may lead to that further down the road.

Chris 

Biggest problem for me is the fact it doesn't seem to have a proper OS yet, so no menu letting you select from multiple games.  The best use of a DS flashcart is being able to have a selection of games (that you own) with you at all times without having the bulk or the faff of all those carts.  Since the advent of downloadable retail games on the 3DS e-store you can now get a similar effect within Nintendo's permit, but with the downsides of the digital premium and the DRM meaning if your 3DS ever breaks you're kind of stuffed.

^ That card is 100% aimed at piracy. No homebrew. Also only holds one rom per microSD and has to be same size as the rom you try to "copy" (512M, 1G etc) from what I've read. This, like said above does a 1:1 copy so region lock is still a fact.

This is bad news, and I hope Nintendo can shut it down with a software update as I don't want it to hurt sales. If homebrew would have opened up then I'm all for it but as this is just for piracy then nothing good comes out of it other than hurt sales.

Games like Gyakuten Kenji 2 on the DS were never localized outside of Japan, possibly because of heavy pirating of the first game. And now Phoenix Wright 5 will be a digital only release. This is why I don't want pirating 3DS games to become as "mainstream" as it was on the DS. 

Looking at a video of it it detects the rom as if the real game cartridge is in the slot. No custom loader/menu thingy. IF it can be patched by nintendo then there might not be a way to upgrade the cart itself with new firmware from the manufacturer.

the cards in the video are 2gb from what my eyes can see. but yeah it appears its still one game per microsdhc. i still think its a good first step, for whatever it is one may use such a device. im sure ill get one as soon as possible to play around with

I hope it could be be helpful in hacking efforts to get homebrew, as it should be possible to feed the DS crafted data with this much easier than before, but probably the full ROM is encrypted and it will be difficult.

More games on one card and homebrew are the only reasons for me to get things like these.

I am still waiting for the successor of the DSTWO-Supercard, which is great on 3DS-XL btw.

Back