Nintendo 3DS

I saw that already (Australia/NZ only get 10 free games) and I think it's a great little reward seeing as there would have been a lot of pissed-off early adopters.

GBA games will be the one to download! :D

Seriously Nintendo <_< ripping Aussies off again, oh well, I've come to expect it now.

But better than nothing of course :D

Oh yeah, I forgot that you already had one, lol. I'm going for my second again and then might get a red one (for collections purposes) if one is released here in oz.

Last edited by a moderator:
The free games deal is fine. The NES games will be available for purchase (ie, using money) later in the year. I don't like how they're not releasing the GBA games to the public, though. :angry:

I won't be truly happy until game prices go down.

I can't wait - there's some GBA titles that I never got around to picking up the first time around, in there. :D This is going to be awesome - I can't wait to see the full lists. Ten free NES games and ten free GBA games for being an early-adopter is a nice offer.

me? id rather have my $80 back instead of the 20 free nes and gba games, gimme some 3ds ware games instead!

me? id rather have my $80 back instead of the 20 free nes and gba games, gimme some 3ds ware games instead!
Kind of agree, except I accept my $80 (technically my girlfriends $80, but I'd accept it if it were actually my money) as the early adopter fee. I don't know why people get all tizied when an electronic device drops in price: that's usually how it goes.

Anywho, I'd take one original 3DSware title over 20 NES/GBA games any day. I keep checking the upcoming releases thinking "look at all this great stuff for DSi. I wonder what we've got just for the 3DS that will take advantage of it's features. Oh... a couple new classic gameboy games. Great <_< "

Being an early adopter of any console isn't always the best thing.

EDIT:

Nintendo President Takes Blame for 3DS, Getting 50 Percent Pay Cut

Today in Tokyo, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata addressed shareholders regarding the Nintendo 3DS. For Nintendo, things have been better. At Today's meeting, Iwata said the goal was to address questions why Nintendo cut the 3DS's price.

http://kotaku.com/5825872/nintendo-president-takes-blame-for-3ds-getting-50-percent-pay-cut

medium_169_sternwata.jpg

Nintendo's won the 7th generation, hands down. But it looks like they're getting Number 8 off to a bad start. :(

It's interesting to note that at the equivalent time in the DS' life, the DS had sold less units than the 3DS has for the same period of its life. This is in spite of the fact that the DS was launched in a better economy, at a lower price, and at the time of a key festive shopping period.

Back then, there were news outlets publishing lies claiming that the DS was about to be pulled off of the market and replaced with a "Game Boy Advance 2", and all sorts of ridiculous commentary from folks who thought that "power" is measured purely on the basis of a cursory visual inspection and comparison to whatever old console they thought that the graphical capabilities most resembled. :lol:

It's all a little bit of history repeating.

but the gaming community has grown by a massive amount since the release of the DS, on the other side, it has grown to a massive amount because of the ds and the wii, which was nintendos goal with them, and nintendos goal with early 3ds, was to get it to the masses, w/o it being sold out for 2 years w/o providing any huge games, and so far, theyve accomplished this, i dont know what theyre complaining about, they got exactly what they asked for, but i say give nintendo the reason of doubt until after this holiday season, which they seem to be hitting with an all out war with the 3ds

It's interesting to note that at the equivalent time in the DS' life, the DS had sold less units than the 3DS has for the same period of its life. This is in spite of the fact that the DS was launched in a better economy, at a lower price, and at the time of a key festive shopping period.

Back then, there were news outlets publishing lies claiming that the DS was about to be pulled off of the market and replaced with a "Game Boy Advance 2", and all sorts of ridiculous commentary from folks who thought that "power" is measured purely on the basis of a cursory visual inspection and comparison to whatever old console they thought that the graphical capabilities most resembled. :lol:

It's all a little bit of history repeating.
Oh yeah, I remember now. :)

Nintendo saved themselves by quickly releasing a lighter version, DS lite. :D

That's not how it went at all, though some who like to try to re-write history certainly do like to spread that myth - the DS Lite was in fact released two years later. ;) The DS Lite actually had to be announced early in some regions due to the huge demand for the original model, as the move to manufacturing the new one and phasing out the older one resulted in low stocks.

That's not how it went at all, though some who like to try to re-write history certainly do like to spread that myth - the DS Lite was in fact released two years later. ;) The DS Lite actually had to be announced early in some regions due to the huge demand for the original model, as the move to manufacturing the new one and phasing out the older one resulted in low stocks.
(Japan) 1 year and 3 months later, actually. :p

Back