Ninja Spirit For Mame

darklight1138

Has anyone found good MAME settings to get this running well? It's slow unless I turn off sound, which I obviously do not want to do. I'm familiar with MAME but haven't messed around too much with the settings. Appreciate any help.

darklight1138

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try to adjust them but I still can't get it to run at a good speed.

Erico, I would appreciate that a lot. Thanks!

erico

Advanced Member
Website
sites.google.com
what about:

clock 750
8 bit
video aspect normal
video sync off (try normal too, didn´t see much diff but on sound off it goes too fast on off)
frame skip 1
sound 22khz fast (can use lower but starts sounding strange)
cpu 90%
audio 50%
asm core none
ram tweaks on

I still don´t get what I get from my desktop, but it is kind of close. Any better performance on your side on that?
Bad thing I just deleted last mame version, try the last version too just in case.

edit: can´t clock higher on my end, freezes, but before that, the 800 seemed going a bit better. Must find a way without any OC, it does not seem like a game that would require soo much.

Let me know how it goes!

darklight1138

Hey erico, sorry for the delay. Damn 12 hour shift jobs. :angry:

Anyway, tried the settings and it is noticeably faster. Doesn't look as good but I guess that's due to the 8-bit video? Still, much more playable. Thanks again for your help! *thumbs up*

erico

Advanced Member
Website
sites.google.com
darklight1138 said:
Hey erico, sorry for the delay. Damn 12 hour shift jobs. :angry:

Anyway, tried the settings and it is noticeably faster. Doesn't look as good but I guess that's due to the 8-bit video? Still, much more playable. Thanks again for your help! *thumbs up*
Don´t worry on the 12h shift, I get a lot worse then that here once a month at least.
My settings are not the best yet.

Did you try older MAME versions just in case?

Last edited by a moderator: