Mame Gp2x 3.7 - Space Invaders Doesn't Work?

Neil

Still Fresh
I've just updated to v3.7 of MAME GP2X and classic Space Invaders has stopped working. The same ROM set was okay with the version of MAME GP2X that I was using previously (which was something like v2.3, if I recall correctly).

The game appears selectable from the MAME GP2X front end, and when I try to run it I get the following output:

Loading "Space Invaders"...
invaders.h
invaders.g
invaders.f
invaders.e
0.SAM
1.SAM
2.SAM
3.SAM
4.SAM
5.SAM
6.SAM
7.SAM
8.SAM
Initializing CPU...
Loading Input Ports Settings...
Initializing Memory Handlers...
Driver Init...
GP2X Port Init...
GP2X Sound Init...
Running Machine...
Video Hardware...
Audio Hardware...

Then it just freezes up. I need to power-cycle the machine to get control back. Disabling audio in the configuration screen doesn't help. Does anyone know whether Invaders is broken with the newest MAME, or do I have a problem with the romset?

Hi!, i was looking forward to play space invaders on my f200 & mame ver.5 but i have the same problem described above (i have downloaded the sounds) Does this have to do with f200 or mame 5?

Thanx

yan said:
Hi!, i was looking forward to play space invaders on my f200 & mame ver.5 but i have the same problem described above (i have downloaded the sounds) Does this have to do with f200 or mame 5?

Thanx
Well Space Invaders works fine on MAME v5.0 on my F100 mkII. Make sure you have the full compliment of samples as described above. You can check this by looking inside the sample directory and checking the contents of the invaders.zip. It should have the full compliment of samples. If you can do this this, please try listing the names here so that I can confirm them.

HOWEVER, if there are some missing this shouldn't stop MAME from not playing the game!

Last edited by a moderator:
slaanesh said:
yan said:

Thanx
Well Space Invaders works fine on MAME v5.0 on my F100 mkII. Make sure you have the full compliment of samples as described above. You can check this by looking inside the sample directory and checking the contents of the invaders.zip. It should have the full compliment of samples. If you can do this this, please try listing the names here so that I can confirm them.

HOWEVER, if there are some missing this shouldn't stop MAME from not playing the game!

Ok, this is the files included in the invaders.zip file:

Names Size

0.sam 1818
1.sam 3360
2.sam 6501
3.sam 4056
4.sam 1114
5.sam 987
6.sam 1046
7.sam 1058
8.sam 25 582
invaders.e 2048