Newbie At Caanoo

sareks

Casual gamer
Hi, just got my caanoo yesterday and already a couple of problems / questions:

1 ) How do I know what firmware I have? I might have to update it...
2 ) Emulator problems:
a ) gpSP v0.9.2 (GBA) - WON'T LOAD GAMES, have the bios, trying to start a game, and when I do it goes back to the main menu (where you can choose games, apps etc)
b ) Snes9x4C v20101227 (SNES) - How do you quit the emulator?
c ) Frodo v2.2 (C64) - how do you save and load states?
d ) DrSMS v3 (SMS) - seems to have some problems with gg roms
e ) Temper Wiz 0.75 with Ginge (PCE) - runs slow
f ) UAE4ALL v2 (Amiga) - won't load game roms, I try it and black screen only, waited for a long time now
g ) VICE v2.2 (C64) won't load game roms, tried it and it only says loading, then nothing happens

I am glad for any kind of advice, still trying out more in order to succeed, I will post if I have found solutions or more questions. Thanks

Download the Caanoo Starter Pack from Bafelton here:
Starter Pack
For the firmware just go to the settings and click device information. The firmware is after version (1.60, 1.61, 1.50, 1.06).
Enjoy the Caanoo! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Check settings (cogwheel icon)
2a) Never had such an issue, maybe a rom problem
2b) Emulator menu (home button) -> Exit
2c) Maybe Save snapshot in menu (I) ?
2d) Never had such an issue, maybe a rom problem
2e) Temper runs slower through Ginge, but the only way (at moment) to play PCE CD games (try HuGo for HuCards)
2f) Should work in general, might be a compatibility issue
2g) Should work in general, might be a compatibility issue

The Commodore emulators are not very good on the Caanoo, from my experience. But I might be wrong, since I concentrate more on the arcade/console stuff.

The Emu Pack is a good starting point, if you have not already downloaded it.

The commodore amiga is awesome it plays most games full speed and nice sound.
Games like stardust and chaos engine work perfect.

Thanks for the helpful answers,

still have some questions:

UAE4all - I saved some states, but now how do I load them (and where are they saved)?
- It seems like the key remapping function / option in the menu doesn't work. I would like to press B for jump and use x as the fire button, any experiences?

Frodo - Is there a chance to remap the keys like mentioned above?

FBA2x & Mame4All - Do they support save states and cheats? If so, how do I operate / activate them?

I'd appreciate any kind of answer, even the ones saying: "No, didn't find a way to save / load states yet"

Thanks again

sareks said:
sareks said:
Thanks for the helpful answers,

still have some questions:

UAE4all - I saved some states, but now how do I load them (and where are they saved)?
- It seems like the key remapping function / option in the menu doesn't work. I would like to press B for jump and use x as the fire button, any experiences?

Frodo - Is there a chance to remap the keys like mentioned above?

FBA2x & Mame4All - Do they support save states and cheats? If so, how do I operate / activate them?

I'd appreciate any kind of answer, even the ones saying: "No, didn't find a way to save / load states yet"

Thanks again

It would be REALLY nice having ppl to answer those questions and share their experiences. That's was this forum is there for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back