New Video Soon

mechanizeddeath said:
Even if a dev were to post a lengthy, uncut HD video showing every step of the board being hooked up and powered on, he'd just suggest something else, perhaps even more outlandish.
actually that is what i would expect from someone who at least has done his/her homework on doing a project like this. not a un-identified board covered by something. It would protect them against lawsuits for deceptive advertising among other things.

as for the previous video's they specifically state that it's the developer board being shown, DEVELOPER BOARDS DO NOT EQUAL RETAIL PRODUCT BOARDS Dev boards most of the time are just just the bare minimum needed so the software won't freak out on the retail board. For example take the original xbox developer system vs the retail. the developer version did not have the retail product housing and had double the ram. Sometimes developer boards are just a fpga bread box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's talk honestly. I know that you have joined the other forum earlier, so you must know what's happening here. What you say is plain untrue, and you know that. What is this discussion about?

truekaiser said:
actually that is what i would expect from someone who at least has done his/her homework on doing a project like this. not a un-identified board covered by something. It would protect them against lawsuits for deceptive advertising among other things.

as for the previous video's they specifically state that it's the developer board being shown, DEVELOPER BOARDS DO NOT EQUAL RETAIL PRODUCT BOARDS Dev boards most of the time are just just the bare minimum needed so the software won't freak out on the retail board. For example take the original xbox developer system vs the retail. the developer version did not have the retail product housing and had double the ram. Sometimes developer boards are just a fpga bread box.
I hope you are prepared to be one of the few laughing stock when its out and in customers hands. :)

I mean come on. People not on the OpenPandora team have dev boards, and have posted videos! Cpasjuste is the latest greatest example of that. What can you say about that? All these well-known, respected developers are doing this to support a scam, a vaporware product? Seriously, you obviously haven't done enough research. And what little you have done, you've done it under a scrutinizing eye.

Actually, I don't believe, that he didn't do enough research. He knows what's going on, but pretends that he doesn't.

truekaiser said:
as for the previous video's they specifically state that it's the developer board being shown, DEVELOPER BOARDS DO NOT EQUAL RETAIL PRODUCT BOARDS Dev boards most of the time are just just the bare minimum needed so the software won't freak out on the retail board. For example take the original xbox
Yes are correct. The first dev board looked nothing like what we are playing with now (if you goto http://www.arm.com/community/product_images/3413.JPG you can see it), and each version has got closer and closer to the final retail board. It would be daft to do all the software on a dev board and then hope it worked on the retail board. For that reason, developers have multiple revisions of boards. What you see in the video is the latest version.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks or so, devs will be be given cases to put around the dev boards. Then sometime next year a full retail unit to ensure everything still works before shipment.

MWeston said:
I'm a figment of my own imagination.
Wrap your head around that one. :p

It's been years since I did electronics work, and certainly not to the level you have, but I think I remember feeling the same way after hours of troubleshooting. :rolleyes:

DynaMight said:
EvilDragon is Kaiser Soze!
Damn, how did you find out?
You've seen one of my T-Shirts, right?
I got this one at home:

PACMAN%20SUSPECT%20T-SHIRT.jpg

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Yep, he's right. The board is fake and doesn't exist.
Neither do I.
What an embarrassing existential f*ck up.

Drak said:
I would buy a t-shirt with "Hellollo" printed on it with a pandora logo.
Be careful. "Hellollo" was also a word, JarJar Binks once used in SW Episode 1....and Jar Jar Binks wasn't nearly as cool as the Pandora (and ED) is ;).

Back