New Toshiba Libretto

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
Thought this one might be of interest to the GP32X Libretto Appreciation Society. Toshiba have announced the W100.

...two 7-inch, 1024 x 600-resolution touchscreens, and is powered by a 1.2GHz Intel Pentium U5400 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 64GB SSD and Windows 7 Home Premium.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/toshiba-libretto-w100-resurrects-the-classic-umpc-brand-with-dua/

ctJ5Ss.jpg pjKV4s.jpg Dgo0Gs.jpg

...not sure how I feel about it really, it doesn't appeal to me for any of the reasons that the old ones do. I'd like to prod one though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the form factor is quite nice. Also to use the second display as keyboard or eBook Reader is quite interesting.

With this, displaying only the Keys usefull for an Application could be possible.

Gruso said:
Ha, good call! There won't be any ten page threads about how to arrange the screens on that one.
But... Where on the touchscreen do you put the buttons? :eek:

If this had any other name on it other than Libretto, i'd probably laugh at it.

But..........It IS a Libretto, so i'll definitley buy it :p

Pretty spendy, I'd have to see some pretty good reviews before I bought one. And someone would need to get Linux running on it.

Reminds me of the Microsoft Courier, which I was in love with. But the interface doesn't look conducive to this kind of device so I reckon I'll give it a miss.

Nova said:
Reminds me of the Microsoft Courier, which I was in love with. But the interface doesn't look conducive to this kind of device so I reckon I'll give it a miss.

I was thinking the same thing. Plus the hardware makes me suspect the battery life will be kind of shit, but I haven't looked it up. I like the idea but not the execution.

Back