New Pcengine Emu Cpce!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
craigix posted on Aug 20 2006 at 11:59 PM said:
I'm sure DaveC will tell us if it is better or worse to an alarming accuracy.

Dave?
[quote name='DaveC']Well, when examining my GP2x's screen with an electron microscope during the playing of both emulators. I noticed a 5% increase in microbe growth on my screen protector while using this new emulator. This is just not acceptable and might as well not have been done. It's not even worthy of being a tech demo when such a useless result has been acheived[/quote]
Actually, I like DaveC's criticisms.

DaveC posted on Aug 21 2006 at 01:24 AM said:
Nickmon posted on Aug 20 2006 at 11:16 PM said:
But the question is what happened/where is the great Vobbo ?

I used to love waiting for and follwoing the daily releases....

Yeah that emu showed great promise.. I wonder what happened?
Vobbo said he was busy with other things.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Aug 21 2006 at 06:18 AM said:
Should this be on the news pages?
OMG MOD!

craigix posted on Aug 21 2006 at 04:13 PM said:
I actually find some of DaveC's opinions useful, if it passes DaveC it is 100% good to go.
Will PayBack feature a 'DaveC Compliant' logo on the back. To show authenticity as a real commercial game?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DaveC']Well, when examining my GP2x's screen with an electron microscope during the playing of both emulators. I noticed a 5% increase in microbe growth on my screen protector while using this new emulator. This is just not acceptable and might as well not have been done. It's not even worthy of being a tech demo when such a useless result has been acheived
Actually, I like DaveC's criticisms.
[/quote]

lmfao, who the hell does that, are you that damn picky?!?! lmfao. regardless, i do find your criticisms quite entertaining yet still very helpful

DaveC and Epicenter, you're both being bastards, stop it. I love you both the same :)

+1 vote for the DaveC Seal of Approval scheme.

You all need to chill out , I think epicenter just snapped.
Now he has vented his anger, he will be a nice gentle kitten for at least 6 months. :p

And DaveC, you do tend to dig your own grave in a lot of these arguements, with what occasionally seems to be plain FUD. <_<

xinfernoofdantex posted on Aug 21 2006 at 11:03 PM said:
lmfao, who the hell does that, are you that damn picky?!?! lmfao. regardless, i do find your criticisms quite entertaining yet still very helpful
Steady you've only got one "fa" :rolleyes:

That's definitely overexaggeration. I made a comment partially in jest crticizing DaveC's hypocritical comments regarding emulators developed for the GP2X- how one minute they're faulty and awful, and when they stop being actively updated as fast as he'd like, they were the greatest thing ever and the author's at fault for not updating faster (the DrMDx/Gizmondo mini-fiasco jumps readily to mind.) I don't need people making assessments of my character over that-- speaking your mind about ungrateful and inappropriate comments doesn't make you a sadist or 'need to pick on others to feel good about yourself'. And when you dish out criticism by the gallon, you need to be prepared to take it in return, twofold. That comes with the territory-- you know what they say about people who live in glass houses. I think it's cause for a change in behavior, not a lot of childish namecalling.

Aninhumer posted on Aug 21 2006 at 10:17 PM said:
You all need to chill out , I think epicenter just snapped.
Now he has vented his anger, he will be a nice gentle kitten for at least 6 months. :p

And DaveC, you do tend to dig your own grave in a lot of these arguements, with what occasionally seems to be plain FUD. <_<

xinfernoofdantex posted on Aug 21 2006 at 11:03 PM said:
Steady you've only got one "fa" :rolleyes:

whats a fa?

Communist, eh?

nma27nt4.jpg

... now don't make me assault you with random images again! :angry:

sam fisher posted on Aug 21 2006 at 06:31 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Aug 21 2006 at 11:26 PM said:
Communist, eh?

nma27nt4.jpg

... now don't make me assault you with random images again! :angry:
Double Communist with a cherry on top!

j137332bwr6.jpg

Epicenter posted on Aug 21 2006 at 10:19 PM said:
That's definitely overexaggeration. I made a comment partially in jest crticizing DaveC's hypocritical comments regarding emulators developed for the GP2X- how one minute they're faulty and awful, and when they stop being actively updated as fast as he'd like, they were the greatest thing ever and the author's at fault for not updating faster (the DrMDx/Gizmondo mini-fiasco jumps readily to mind.) I don't need people making assessments of my character over that-- speaking your mind about ungrateful and inappropriate comments doesn't make you a sadist or 'need to pick on others to feel good about yourself'. And when you dish out criticism by the gallon, you need to be prepared to take it in return, twofold. That comes with the territory-- you know what they say about people who live in glass houses. I think it's cause for a change in behavior, not a lot of childish namecalling.
There you go again embellishing.

Show where I say that said emulators were faulty and awful blah, blah.

If I was asked an honest question shouldn't I give an honest answer?

Then here was the post that got your panties in a bunch:

"Yeah that emu showed great promise.. I wonder what happened?"

Breaking that down I get:

The emu was comming along nicely. What was finished worked real nice. Then there is "I wonder what happened?" meaning just that.

You get: "ungrateful and inappropriate comments"
Then there were posts:

No it's PCEngine emulator
Edit: It's 8bits display, lower quality than hu6280 & squidgengine
But the question is what happened/where is the great Vobbo ?
I used to love waiting for and follwoing the daily releases....
but yes, what ever did happen to vobbo? :(
All of those comments seem quit similar to mine but you didn't flame them ;)

There were assessments of your character because you said how you flamed and mocked and it "felt good". That was hardly "speaking your mind about ungrateful and inappropriate comments". It was more like beating your chest.
As far as "childish namecalling", When you make mocking little scripts "you need to be prepared to take it in return, twofold"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back