New Pcengine Emu Cpce!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just glad I now have 4 pcengine emulators to mess with on my GP2X. This emu was a nice surprise to see today. I would love to see future releases of this emulator.

Epicenter posted on Aug 21 2006 at 03:53 AM said:
DaveC posted on Aug 20 2006 at 07:24 PM said:
Nickmon posted on Aug 20 2006 at 11:16 PM said:
But the question is what happened/where is the great Vobbo ?

I used to love waiting for and follwoing the daily releases....

Yeah that emu showed great promise.. I wonder what happened?

.. Um. Last I saw, it was in great shape-- why do you act like it was abandoned in a useless state? "Shows promise" .. :p It ran at full speed at the default 200 MHz which is more than can be said for most emulators of such a demanding system, it had pretty accurate emulation and even supported CD-ROM titles.blah, blah, blah..

You are such a fucking dick sometimes.

The sound was pretty bad, sounds were completely missing others crackly and not stereo, should I have lied just to please YOU?

Then I was asked a question so I answered:

craigix posted on Aug 21 2006 at 12:28 AM said:
Dave is this emu better or worse sound wise?

I can't help it if you didn't like the answer. Again I should lie to please the mighty epicenter ;)

Jesus fucking Christ what an ass..

Last edited by a moderator:
.. ouch, I think I struck a nerve.

I don't think it's being an ass to expect more consistency in your comments than to mindlessly criticize a program that took countless hours of effort to produce, belittling the author and all his hard work, then turn around and tell him he should never have 'abandoned' the project when his real life has to take precedence for a while-- and then suddenly you appreciate it? When your supply of updates is cut off? You act as if you were entitled to a host of weekly updates for the emulator! In real life, you're getting software for free to play other software for free; if you get a half-broken emulator you should be happy; if it works exactly as you like, so much the better. But, that's never your attitude.

DaveC didn't start any shit here ... Epicenter, you seem like a level-headed person ... why are you provoking a flame war?

TelcoLou posted on Aug 21 2006 at 10:41 AM said:
DaveC didn't start any shit here ... Epicenter, you seem like a level-headed person ... why are you provoking a flame war?

He didn't 'start shit' per se, but his behavior is outright obnoxious and I'm not the first person it's bothered. Not by a long shot. Even bringing his ridiculous slanted views on the situation to my PM box as "I told you so"s; a lot of unnecessary and rather rude comments about my own development endeavors, a general spreading of disinformation ... I can't say I'm thrilled. But I'm not exactly flaming anyone, either. I didn't call him a 'fucking ass' anyway.

I'm also not picking him out for 'being DaveC', I call people out on disinformation and obnoxious behavior all the time. You've seen me go toe-to-toe with JaqMs on several occasions, for example. When the behavior stops I don't keep pushing it. JaqMs apologized for how he was acting and I completely let it go.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 21 2006 at 10:47 AM said:
there goes his chance at ever being a mod :(
Meh, I'll live. :p Besides, don't they say if you ask you can't be one? :)

Epicenter posted on Aug 21 2006 at 11:50 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Aug 21 2006 at 10:41 AM said:

He didn't 'start shit' per se, but his behavior is outright obnoxious and I'm not the first person it's bothered. Not by a long shot. Even bringing his ridiculous slanted views on the situation to my PM box as "I told you so"s; a lot of unnecessary and rather rude comments about my own development endeavors, a general spreading of disinformation ... I can't say I'm thrilled. But I'm not exactly flaming anyone, either. I didn't call him a 'fucking ass' anyway.

I'm also not picking him out for 'being DaveC', I call people out on disinformation and obnoxious behavior all the time. You've seen me go toe-to-toe with JaqMs on several occasions, for example. When the behavior stops I don't keep pushing it. JaqMs apologized for how he was acting and I completely let it go.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 21 2006 at 10:47 AM said:
there goes his chance at ever being a mod :(
Meh, I'll live. :p Besides, don't they say if you ask you can't be one? :)

I re-read this thread. Regardless of how you feel about DaveC, your response in the form of a mocking dialog was uncalled for ... you are provoking him, at least here in this topic. You are wrong.

I guess some people feel the need to belittle others to feel good about themselves.

Anyway, back on topic.. I had better success running roms off external storage with this emu so I'm using both this and Hu depending on whether I'm using the SD or HDD.

Epicenter posted on Aug 21 2006 at 03:50 PM said:

What disinformation and obnoxious behavior? You mean THIS!:

"Yeah that emu showed great promise.. I wonder what happened?"

Surely you jest. And from that you made up:
.... to mindlessly criticize a program that took countless hours of effort to produce, belittling the author and all his hard work, then turn around and tell him he should never have 'abandoned' the project when his real life has to take precedence for a while--

What? Stop with the embellishment just to justify your flames.. stop. You do this constantly. That is not what I said.

I answered a question honestly that was asked of me about sound and expressed dissapointment that a promising emu has not been continued?

Then you come riding in on your high horse with a bevy of insults and mockery. You are just so arrogant and full of yourself. You read some docs on CPUs and are involved with coding a HB game and that makes you king around here? Then you are in another thread saying how great of a mod you will make? Common dude you need to get off of your high horse and come back to earth.

Arguing and debating is one thing but unprovoked inflammatory comments and personal attacks just to get "brownie points" with my enemies are so uncalled for.

Epicenter posted on Aug 21 2006 at 04:41 PM said:
*shrug* It felt good. :)

I am sure it did. People like you make me sick. You have to degrade others just to make yourself feel good.. real classy. Yeah you would make a great mod ;)

Have you ever thought of running for office in the Republican party? You would be perfect.

I love Dave, and I don't not love Epicenter, too.

I AM THE PEACEMAKER!
Pacemaker.JPG

I say again, this board needs a Fight Club forum, and all flame wars should be moved there by mods.

Re: another PC Engine emulator -- awesome! Vobbo's is superb, but it's always good to have other options.

iignotus posted on Aug 21 2006 at 04:12 PM said:
I love Dave, and I don't not love Epicenter, too.

I love having 4 pc-engine emulators on my gp2x. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back