[ New Pandora Use ] flashenv

I must try see if I can download that over the weekend, I can try see what it's like on a 1ghz model?

Work realy fine here:

And i meaned that Game:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=870

Downloadlinke here:

http://ftp.vector.co.jp/pack/win95/game/action/gd_ver100.zip

I think its Flash based :rolleyes:
thanks for the video, some nice little games you have :)

the download link doesnt work, but i don't think it's a flash based game. it worked on win95 already and i can't remember having flash at that times :)

--

Did some progress on friday (rest of the weekend was family time), I'm hooking some draw calls now, which makes it possible to directly draw to the framebuffer; this in turn enables the usage of the up+downscaler. Like for canabalt, it's now possible to see the whole game area downscaled to the pandora screen; or with super smash flash 2, it's possible to reduce the render buffer size to 400x240 and upscale it to pandora screensize for some great performance boost.

it's still some missing bits here and there before i'll release another version, but i hope i can do so soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Copyright won't let us create packages (unless we get permission, which could be difficult) but a workaround might be to have the list and start the app if the user has the swf and forwards him to a place where he can download it if he doesn't.

And a step further would be to let users add new swf, with mappings and download page.

I might take a shot at this, but I still haven't had time to install everything on my Pandora and I'm not sure I'll have time to work on this any time soon...

real life is keeping me busy at the moment (family mostly) ... so need to see when i get my next free hours to continue working on it. mainly missing is the configurability of the framebuffer via .ini and .ui ...

@askarus - will check super mario, too

real life is keeping me busy at the moment (family mostly) ... so need to see when i get my next free hours to continue working on it.
Don't worry :) .

with super smash flash 2, it's possible to reduce the render buffer size to 400x240 and upscale it to pandora screensize for some great performance boost.
Those words make me happy already :) .

just pushed my latest changes to github. configurable framebuffer rendering is the main feature of it - i'll do a release when the little one is in bed again tonight :)

Just in time for the next release of Super Smash Flash 2 :) .

(Next version will be out the next days I think).

Here you go, just uploaded the new version to the repo!

Took me longer than expected, but was trying around here and there and had to figure out how to setup framebuffer correctly (thanks notaz!) and how i can hook mouse functions using  both GDK and X11.

So as said before, framebuffer rendering can be now configured using gameconfig.ini in your <appdata>/flashenv/ directory. Just start a flashgame once and it gets copied over automatically or get it from github

I hope the description in the .default file is good enough to understand. Old keymap.ini files are still loaded, but you should use gameconfig.ini now!

I've worked on/with Super Mario Cross Over but it's still not working yet. Either it's the flash version we use, or still some incompatibility. Don't know yet.

I've worked on/with Super Mario Cross Over but it's still not working yet. Either it's the flash version we use, or still some incompatibility
I think it's the flash version.

The flash version on my x86 Linux can't enter full screen mode.

It says I should download the latest flash version.

Don't bother too long with this game.

I hope the description in the .default file is good enough to understand.
It was fine.

Super Smash Flash 2 runs fast and well playable now :) .

(Menu looks pretty ugly but it's ok).

There's a little bug.

I don't have any mouse cursor visible in the game.

It works if I move the nubs as I get feedback when I'm over a menu option.

As I can use the touchscreen it's fine for me but others might like to see the mouse.

I think it's only when we have different framebuffer.

thanks askarus for testing.

the cursor is a known issue and on my todo list. it's because of the framebuffer rendering. i'll need to draw one by myself. but i wanted to get this version out first :)

I launched Super Mario Bros. crossover.

flashenv: Loading x 00

FireFox: Loading x 99

Screen becomes black after a while for both.

Just a note I set Window Wdith/Height to half 400x240 and it didn't respect my keymapping.
game and ini file(s) please :)

could you try copying over keymappings from keymap.ini to gameconfig.ini please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back