[ New Pandora Use ] flashenv

! fixed downloading + loading of remote files

! dont set bgcolor attribute (should fix incorrect background colors in some apps)
Haven't tested much, but HanTrainer seems to be perfect now. Thank you very much!
Thanks for letting me know. So it was the bgcolor setting... :)

My favorite flash game, Zombie Trailer Park, runs and is playable but it's running slow. Can anything be done to get that one up to full speed?

Zombie Trailer Park
Well, not really. flashenv starts flash and hands control over to the plugin. there's nothing i can do about speed, at least from what I know.

Thank you so much for Super Smash Flash 2 :) .

It's faster than with FireFox.

As it's still little too slow I remember you said that you've added settings support and I still can set the quality to low.

How can I do so?

Right click and "Settings" works but most things are in Right click and "Global Settings" which doesn't work.

Thank you so much for Super Smash Flash 2 :) .

It's faster than with FireFox.

As it's still little too slow I remember you said that you've added settings support and I still can set the quality to low.

How can I do so?

Right click and "Settings" works but most things are in Right click and "Global Settings" which doesn't work.
At the moment you can't. I'll make the flash attributes configurable in the ui soonish. As default, I've set quality to autolow, which as documented "emphasizes speed at first but improves appearance whenever possible. Playback begins with anti-aliasing turned off. If Flash Player detects that the processor can handle it, anti-aliasing is turned on."

Thanks, that link was nice :) .

BTW, is there any option for flash to do frameskip like emulators do?

Flashenv already sets quality to "autolow" ... see my previous post :)

Thanks, that link was nice :) .

BTW, is there any option for flash to do frameskip like emulators do?
Not that i know. I've been googling, but just found some informations how people could do this in actionscript, but no general option for flash.

*edit*

just an idea, maybe i can add something on my own by hooking gtk drawing routines. but unsure about that.

*edit2*

just have tried that. there's only one final blit of an image after each frame from what i can tell, which is not the bottleneck. i'm skipping every other frame and even replaced gtk/gdk drawing with direct frambuffer drawing, it helps a bit (on my CC), but still SSF2 is not that fluent here.

*edit3*

well direct fb access gave me the idea to reduce the actual window size and use the omap upscaler. it works a bit, but needs some more work to be able to say something specific :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Curious too about your Project.

Very good Idea to play Flashgames without Browser.

There are many good Zeldalike Flashgames.

Can i choose Windows Executable Flashgames too?

Would be great for Games like Spirit of Guardian ;)

Currently you can't but i think i could add it, because usually the flash game is just appended to the executable. I could search for the flash file header and then use that as source for the player. Any link for "Spirit of Guardian" for me so i'd have a concrete example?

Hi,

@ crow_riot: in your first post you mention flashenv uses the flashplayer from the Firefox PND.

Which player is it, and could flashenv work with another one (Gnash, Lightspark, etc...) ?

Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

Hi,

@ crow_riot: in your first post you mention flashenv uses the flashplayer from the Firefox PND.

Which player is it, and could flashenv work with another one (Gnash, Lightspark, etc...) ?

it's flash 11 ...

if gnash or lightspark plugins are available as firefox arm plugins, i can try them aswell, because theoretically they could "just work" ...

Hi,

it's flash 11 ...

if gnash or lightspark plugins are available as firefox arm plugins, i can try them aswell, because theoretically they could "just work" ...
Thanks for your reply :) There is still something I don't quite understand: why do you have to use a firefox plug-in ? Wouldn't a stand-alone player work just as well ?

it's flash 11 ...

Thanks for your reply :) There is still something I don't quite understand: why do you have to use a firefox plug-in ? Wouldn't a stand-alone player work just as well ?
Well I haven't tried to use the other plugins, but gnash for example does not support newer flash versions (it's only up to flash 9) and lightspark is still in beta.

I haven't heard of lightspark before I've started flashenv, so of course,  a port of that could've also been made - but that wasn't really the idea of flashenv. I usually pick my projects out of interest (learning something new) and I find porting rather boring.

Additionaly, I've tried gnash some good time ago, just to see what it supports, and the files i've thrown at it refused to work at that time. I think I've tried http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html which didn't work, and this was the only flash game i really wanted to have working :)

it's flash 11 ...

Well I haven't tried to use the other plugins, but gnash for example does not support newer flash versions (it's only up to flash 9) and lightspark is still in beta.

I haven't heard of lightspark before I've started flashenv, so of course,  a port of that could've also been made - but that wasn't really the idea of flashenv. I usually pick my projects out of interest (learning something new) and I find porting rather boring.

Additionaly, I've tried gnash some good time ago, just to see what it supports, and the files i've thrown at it refused to work at that time. I think I've tried http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html which didn't work, and this was the only flash game i really wanted to have working :)
I just saw ptitSeb kicked a crow :)

Just one really dumb question.

Could Shumway also work with this?

It's open source and should replace Flash (when it's finished)

Currently you can't but i think i could add it, because usually the flash game is just appended to the executable. I could search for the flash file header and then use that as source for the player. Any link for "Spirit of Guardian" for me so i'd have a concrete example?
What realy? Cool i search this Evening a Link for you to to test ;)

Did N v.2 eventually run on the Pandora? Is it playable on the small screen?

Back