[ New Pandora Use ] flashenv

By the way Machinarium is a flash based game, would that even work with flashenv ? Same question for the binding of Isaac. 
have tried binding of isaac demo swf and it worked. There are tutorials out there how to extract the .swf files for Machinarium, but i dont own it, so can't test.

I'm just trying botanicula (copying to the SD card currently). I've got the mac version, so all swfs are already there. We'll see ...

Tried "The Most Wanted Bandito 2" --> Stuck at loading screen forever

Tried "Strike Force Heroes 2" --> Looks like it needs Flash 11.2.  How do you install Flash 11.2? 
just The Most Wanted Bandito 2 works now, too. On my CC, it's slow, though.
Still doesn't work for me.  Still stuck at loading screen.  I did delete appdata and pnd and start fresh but still didn't work.

please help me

i play a game named "abobo.swf"

i edit keymap.ini to

; key mapping configuration for flashenv

;

; since the wrapper users GTK all key names must be GTK/GDK parsable names

; currently only Pandora special keys (DPAD Direction keys, DPAD A/B/X/Y, LeftTrigger, RightTrigger)

; can be mapped

;

; gdk key names can be found here: https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gdk/gdkkeysyms.h

; but usually it's just the character you want to press (like a, b, c, ...)

; do NOT add the GDK_ prefix of the key to the string!

; use space to map the space key

;

; the pandora key names are:

;

;   DPAD_Left

;   DPAD_Right

;   DPAD_Up

;   DPAD_Down

;   DPAD_A

;   DPAD_B

;   DPAD_X

;   DPAD_Y

;   Start

;   Select

;   Trigger_Left

;   Trigger_Right

;

; Usage Example

;

; [Canabalt.swf]

;   DPAD_B = c

;   DPAD_X = space

; [abobo.swf]

;   DPAD_A = a

;   DPAD_X = s

but no use in the game

I guess you need to remove the ; in front of the mapping you changed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you need to remove the ; in front of the mapping you changed?
I remove ; 

then keymap.ini like this

; key mapping configuration for flashenv

;

; since the wrapper users GTK all key names must be GTK/GDK parsable names

; currently only Pandora special keys (DPAD Direction keys, DPAD A/B/X/Y, LeftTrigger, RightTrigger)

; can be mapped

;

; gdk key names can be found here: https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gdk/gdkkeysyms.h

; but usually it's just the character you want to press (like a, b, c, ...)

; do NOT add the GDK_ prefix of the key to the string!

; use space to map the space key

;

; the pandora key names are:

;

;   DPAD_Left

;   DPAD_Right

;   DPAD_Up

;   DPAD_Down

;   DPAD_A

;   DPAD_B

;   DPAD_X

;   DPAD_Y

;   Start

;   Select

;   Trigger_Left

;   Trigger_Right

;

; Usage Example

;

; [Canabalt.swf]

;   DPAD_B = c

;   DPAD_X = space

;

[abobo.swf]

DPAD_A = a

DPAD_X = s

but no use in the game T_T

Tried "The Most Wanted Bandito 2" --> Stuck at loading screen forever

Tried "Strike Force Heroes 2" --> Looks like it needs Flash 11.2. How do you install Flash 11.2?
just The Most Wanted Bandito 2 works now, too. On my CC, it's slow, though.
Still doesn't work for me. Still stuck at loading screen. I did delete appdata and pnd and start fresh but still didn't work.
well the loading screen after the progress bar disappears stays for a while - probably because they are postprocessing data - but then definitely starts for me. give it another try please.

[abobo.swf]

DPAD_A = a

DPAD_X = s

but no use in the game T_T
hm the mapping looks ok now. just guessing: the section name must exactly match the name of the swf file. and also try to click once on the flash window and try again. cant verify it now (just on my phone) but i'm going to check it when i have some free minutes.

Can we make pnds with popular flash games or a seperate pnd for some popular flash games? Like the super hexagon pnd for apkenv?

Can we make pnds with popular flash games or a seperate pnd for some popular flash games? Like the super hexagon pnd for apkenv?
I don't know about flashenv, only crow_riot can answer that. But for the flash plugin, I have already posted it here so anyone can use it.

yes thats certainly possible.
But Super Hexagon is commercial, so probably rather: no. You would still need to drop the Super Hexagon .swf file into the app data folder.

And in general you can't just repackage free to play .swfs, you always need to check whether that's explicitly allowed in the license.

^sure, proper licensing is always required. notaz has dealt with that to be able to publish a prepackaged version of super hexagon. my answer was just a general "yes", that if we have the authors permission, we could do it.

A great app this flashenv :)  

I tested with abobo.swf with

[abobo.swf]
  DPAD_A = a
  DPAD_X = s

changes and work (the game is slow when there are more action...tested on my CC Pandora) controls changes work only ingame not in intro/menu

Chasm  http://www.miniclip.com/games/chasm/en/

a very old (flash 6 i think) puzzle/logic game very interesting that i didn't know before. played with touch.

mii.swf http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/10/mii.swf

a mii simulator without the possibility to save your avatar (sadly)

vectortd.swf

at start you need to rightclick on the grey screen and select on flash menu "forward" to go on the start menu of the game....

The game use a very tiny font (barely readable) and i couldn't be able to play.

Thanks crow_riot ;)

A great app this flashenv :)

I tested with abobo.swf with

[abobo.swf]

DPAD_A = a

DPAD_X = s

changes and work (the game is slow when there are more action...tested on my CC Pandora) controls changes work only ingame not in intro/menu

Chasm  http://www.miniclip.com/games/chasm/en/

a very old (flash 6 i think) puzzle/logic game very interesting that i didn't know before. played with touch.

mii.swf http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2006/10/mii.swf

a mii simulator without the possibility to save your avatar (sadly)

vectortd.swf

at start you need to rightclick on the grey screen and select on flash menu "forward" to go on the start menu of the game....

The game use a very tiny font (barely readable) and i couldn't be able to play.

Thanks crow_riot ;)
abobo.swf keymap only work in stage 1?

and can't use Oil drum when DPAD_X = s

VectorTD works. Excellent, good job.

Hint,hint: It would be excellent if we could get mouse buttons mapped to A/B Buttons

Back