New Mk Wish List?

danny_galaga

Still Fresh
Website
oldman2x.com
i thought i saw somewhere here a thread where people made suggestions about how the gp2x could be improved (hardware, not firmware)?

if there isnt one, then id like to start by saying that it would be cool if the volume button was two seperate buttons instead since mame uses volume as fire and bomb/jump buttons. i suspect the current volume button wouldnt be up to being hit as often as the buttons that are intended to be pounded. the buttons could be slightly staggered too so that it feels more like two buttons side by side...

Switching to a coiled spring style battery compartment would alleviate the problems of bending contacts.

a rubberized non-slip back would be nice , the start / select buttons moved and the volume button moved , maybe above the screen , also another 2 buttons like the sega saturn control pad layout would be perfect, :)

Camera, for still and video recording.

Web cam, same as above but facing you.

Phone.

Sound recording, e.g. voice notes, audio with above video.

Wifi/Bluetooth.

Proper USB networking that doesn't break for no reason.

IR motion detection, e.g. can take photo if it detects someone.

Fingerprint reader for secure login, profiles etc (hopefully will get cheap soon).

Teeny tiny external keyboard that can be plugged in when you need.
(One of those new rollup ones?)

Touch screen, for mouse emulation etc

And one importent thing, its still have to run on 2 AA batteries.

Then it would be perfect.

All I would add..

Wifi. To browse the internet and such, also useful for transferring files.

Bluetooth. This enables a world of wireless devices to be added. Keyboards, Headsets etc.

3D Capable GPU. Would make a world of difference in games.

A Proper Docking station would be nice. If for nothing more than holding it while watching movies etc.

I cant believe someone wanted a phone/video stuff on it? Go buy an Ngage or use your phone!
Fingerprint reader? Your games need securing? Buy a PDA. Lets not forget this is a gaming/media device.

just put like 4 gigs of flash memory into the unit itself and im good

I saw on playasia.com that they had already noted something about the MKIII.

It has said that the new BoB expansion thing will need to run off AC for <= MKII.

So I guess, there is some difference in the power handling.

Personally, I'd like to see a battery backed clock in the sucker. If the Neo Geo Pocket can do it, so could the GP2X. Of course, if it was net connected you could get away with running a "timed" daemon.

So my other option would be wifi using SD cards, but we'd need two SD slots then like the Zodiac.

re: Wii -> You could just get some masking tape and attach it to a WII controller for instant compatibility :D

Yes, clock would be nice, and not exactly hard.

Currently if you ask box the time it says its 1970.

Improved Building Quality, especially on the stick (D-Pad anyone?), power switch and the headphone plug.

More really isn't needed..

hehe. nicely derailed everyone! i WAS being serious. im surprised so many people want a d-pad instead of a joy. i quite like the joy and now i have a neo geo pocket which has a joy too i can say that i like the feel of them over d- pads. coils springs for the battery would be a good fix too although they seem to take up a tiny bit more room...

Nothing too complex for me.

Just for the tv out to be on the top.
The head phone out to be on the bottom.
And for the dc in to not be on the side.

Back