New Keyboard Layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awakening

Website
www.digitalawakening.se
While the rest of you are admiring the MW's 4 children I was more interested in this pic:

Pandora_mike3.jpg

I like the compose key on the Shoulder but I don't understand why we got the Alt Gr button on the other. How much will we use Alt Gr? Wouldn't it be better with Ctrl instead? At least I use Ctrl a whole lot more. FN would be another good option.

Would the mouse functions require FN then I really think we need it as a shoulder button. Perhaps on the left one with Compose on the right?

<> uses Shift I guess, they look a bit annoying to use since Shift is so close. But I notice that H and J have no FN functions, how about moving <> over there?

If we put FN on a shoulder and skip Alt Gr (English keyboards doesn't even have it AFAIK) then we would have 1 more key available. How about another Shift key where Enter is now and then move Enter to the right of Space?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go again...

Oh well, I'll just throw in that the currency symbols probably will be the least used symbols on the keyboard; so why are they even printed?
That said... weren't the L and R keys supposed to be mouse buttons?
Then, there are the problems that Awakening highlighted. If we have compose, what would AltGr even be used for? Or vice versa?
Otherwise, this looks like a really well constructed keyboard layout.

And by the way, that image looks kinda old somehow (no, it's not because of the really bbad JPEG compression) so I wonder if it really is the new keyboard layout.

This doesn't belong in the news section.

In fact, since the keypad has been discussed to death, reanimated, and discussed to undeath, I'm closing this now. There is nothing that anybody can say about keypad layouts that hasn't been said two dozen times already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back