New Kernel for Buster released

jedi23

Very Active Member
When performing an apt upgrade yesterday, I realized that a new package of linux-image-5.6.19-daveiii-pyradef-aufs has been released for Buster. According to this commit it will improve stability on the OMAP5 Evaluation Module. However, since this update is only available in Buster yet, which is quite stable (on my Pyra at least), I can't say if it has further improved the system stability on the Pyra. Will this kernel be available for Bullseye and Bookworm soon, too?

Another change in this new kernel is the removal of the Letux directory. AFAIK, Pyra uses the Letux kernel, but can someone explain what this exactly means?

Another change in this new kernel is the removal of the Letux directory. AFAIK, Pyra uses the Letux kernel, but can someone explain what this exactly means?
Those look like files used by Letux-OS related to packaging the kernel and userspace configurations. It may be relevant for the Pyra, but has no place among the kernel code (IMO)

Well, whe dont have something like an "Official" Version, new Pyrae will get flashed whit Buster, but some Software Releases will need the Depencies from Bookworm..
But Buster is the most stable Version..

Back