Building droidcam-cli from source on Pyra

Hi @rosietastic after contacting aTc on Discord he have done the compilation of this kernel module but need to test it.
You can download here https://packages.pyra-handheld.com/images/extra/v4l2loopback-dc.ko
load with:
sudo modprobe videodev
sudo insmod -f v4l2loopback-dc.ko

Hope it works.

Hi there Farox and aTc,
Thanks very much for your perseverance here.

The built kernel module loads fine and droidcam-cli works well. I can't seem to change resolution from SD (640x480) at the moment for photos or video, but that's probably my error.

Thanks again.

It works perfectly.

The new module accepts width and height parameters fine and I can now take photos and capture video in full HD, with the Pyra running droidcam-cli. My old Android phone works fine as a wireless webcam.

Photos taken with fswebcam and video captured on the /dev/video0 with ffmpeg.

Thanks again folks!

For completeness, these are the resolution instructions:

The problem was that the current pyra kernel package is crosscompiled, which causes some of the non arm things to be included.
I rebuilt the kernel package on arm hardware, which makes everything work like it's supposed to. After that the droidcam instructions on getting the kernel module built worked fine.
Next time I'll build everything on arm (or at least, make it think it was built on arm) to avoid these problems.

The problem was that the current pyra kernel package is crosscompiled, which causes some of the non arm things to be included.
I rebuilt the kernel package on arm hardware, which makes everything work like it's supposed to. After that the droidcam instructions on getting the kernel module built worked fine.
Next time I'll build everything on arm (or at least, make it think it was built on arm) to avoid these problems.
Thanks for the explanation aTc.
That makes total sense.
Very pleased with my Pyra's new wireless webcam!
Really appreciate everyone's help here.
Cheers, r

Reactions: rSl
Back