New Ipods

I like the new Nano, but the new shuffle looks like a Nano that was cut in half.

Alex. posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:20 PM said:
IPods are overkill. Nobody needs 80GB of music, not even 20.
My music collection spans over 300 cds which is about 30gb of music. Are you telling me that I have too much music?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my wife a creative jukebox (not the zen) a couple of years ago ... got the 40GB model. She hasn't even filled half of the space.

Perhaps we have too little music?

Alex. posted on Sep 15 2006 at 03:20 PM said:
IPods are overkill. Nobody needs 80GB of music, not even 20. I'm happy though with how people buy the latest trend only to bite their teeth 2 months later. Teaches them right, as if they wouldn't buy the new one as well anyway..

- Alex
I beg to differ. Im on 16gigs of music, because I encode all my CDs and stuff into flac, so I need the space.

LOL if all the music I had was encoded in flac, I'd have more than 250gb of music.

20gb is still overkill? :lol: :lol: :lol:

just preordered a new shuffle. I think they look great, and so practical!

I will be anapoding it up beginning October! For people who like to make a playlist it's ideal!

Ravnos posted on Sep 15 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
Alex. posted on Sep 15 2006 at 01:20 PM said:
IPods are overkill. Nobody needs 80GB of music, not even 20. I'm happy though with how people buy the latest trend only to bite their teeth 2 months later. Teaches them right, as if they wouldn't buy the new one as well anyway..

- Alex
So what you're basically saying is "I have no use for that much space, so nobody else would either." I'd love to have 80GB of space on my iPod. My 20GB is full and since I listen to so much music on it I'd hate to delete anything to make room for something else and then get a craving for what I removed. And yes, I make good use of all that space and listen to a large variety of music quite regularly.
No matter how much variety you listen to, you're still not going to listen to it all between periodic file swaps with your computer. And yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Klown posted on Sep 15 2006 at 09:31 PM said:
My music collection spans over 300 cds which is about 30gb of music. Are you telling me that I have too much music?
No, but why would you want to carry your whole 300 CDs with you at all times? You're never going to listen to it all and you know it.

PSyMastR posted on Sep 15 2006 at 11:27 PM said:

- Alex
I beg to differ. Im on 16gigs of music, because I encode all my CDs and stuff into flac, so I need the space.
You're never going to listen to your 16 GB of music without ever connecting to your PC in between, so why carry it all at the same time?

All this waste of memory spoiled you all, you kids need some 64MB players, stat!

- Alex

Alex. posted on Sep 19 2006 at 08:58 PM said:
Ravnos posted on Sep 15 2006 at 05:31 PM said:
Alex. posted on Sep 15 2006 at 01:20 PM said:

- Alex
So what you're basically saying is "I have no use for that much space, so nobody else would either." I'd love to have 80GB of space on my iPod. My 20GB is full and since I listen to so much music on it I'd hate to delete anything to make room for something else and then get a craving for what I removed. And yes, I make good use of all that space and listen to a large variety of music quite regularly.
No matter how much variety you listen to, you're still not going to listen to it all between periodic file swaps with your computer. And yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Klown posted on Sep 15 2006 at 09:31 PM said:
No, but why would you want to carry your whole 300 CDs with you at all times? You're never going to listen to it all and you know it.

PSyMastR posted on Sep 15 2006 at 11:27 PM said:

- Alex
You're never going to listen to your 16 GB of music without ever connecting to your PC in between, so why carry it all at the same time?

All this waste of memory spoiled you all, you kids need some 64MB players, stat!

- Alex

That's why I like the idea of the Minidisc player. I'm not going to get tired of the music on one disc before I can get back to my stack and swap out.

alex. posted on Sep 19 2006 at 08:58 PM said:

- Alex

Ever go on a LONG carride(19 hours) 64mb, pfft.

19 x 60 = 1140 minutes of music, and on the way back a whole new group of 1140 minutes

i_am_a_noob posted on Sep 19 2006 at 09:16 PM said:

- Alex

19 x 60 = 1140 minutes of music, and on the way back a whole new group of 1140 minutes

I'm the type, though, that can listen to the same CD over and over again and not get tired of it for five or six hours.

jmetal88 posted on Sep 20 2006 at 03:18 AM said:

- Alex

I'm the type, though, that can listen to the same CD over and over again and not get tired of it for five or six hours.

amen to that! i just spent 2 hours getting to work while only listening to 2 songs on repeat.

meltbanana posted on Sep 20 2006 at 09:51 AM said:
jmetal88 posted on Sep 20 2006 at 03:18 AM said:

- Alex

amen to that! i just spent 2 hours getting to work while only listening to 2 songs on repeat.

pretty sad???
well i guess if they were really good, but still
2hours?????

Alex, you are simply wrong. Just because YOU don't need it, why should I not?

You simply don't know the circumstances of other peoples lives. You might be at home everyday. I have had periods when I have spent months on the road. How do I know what CD I might want to listen to in a few weeks? With 64 megs encoded at high quality I have, ooh, about 3 songs.

Some people lead different lives to yours, you know!

I like to have a Hard disc player and a flash one for playlists, running etc!

That's told you!

The 64Mb was a joke, it's more like 2Gb that's more than enough. I am also one of the types that can go hours on end on only a few songs.

- Alex

I remember my first walkman. It was the size of a video cassette tape and came with a shoulder strap. Shit ... most of you don't even know what a VHS tape is I'll bet ... :(

Why doesn't this Alex guy understand that some people feel like listening to specific songs sometimes? That's why you carry your whole music collection with you, so you can listen to any song in your library depending on your mood.

Is it me or is this just simple logic? What's this guy smoking?

Back