Free Ipods!

Spamming of pyramid schemes, especially those that require the input of your credit card details, will not be tolerated. You're getting screwed. Don't get five other people from our community screwed as well. -- Rico

Heya, well i came across

FREEIPODS

and at first thought it was one of those scams that people sell on ebay, but after googling i found out that people do actually recieve there Ipod Minis, 15gb Ipods or 250 dollar Itunes Voucher. What you do is sighn up (please use the link above)

* Refer 5 people to sighn up to the web site through your link that you get give once you have sighned up

* Take part in the Ancestry.com offer (you need to give a credit card number for this but it is a safe transaction, and as soon as you sighn up you phone the number on the web site (within 14 days) and they dont charge anything to your acount

So basically, for getting 5 people to sighn up and phoning a number you get 250 quids worth of stuff!

fair enuff!

You dont get nowt for nowt.

Man - can't you spot a scam a mile off? Dont tell me you've actually done this?

I mean - what have they actually got to gain from this?

What a load of bollocks.

I guess they'll sell eMail adresses and you and you're friends receive A LOT of spam afterwards...

EvilDragon posted on Jul 16 2004 at 02:19 PM said:
I guess they'll sell eMail adresses and you and you're friends receive A LOT of spam afterwards...
so...you and your "friends" make fake email addresses at different sites...that you will never check again... :D

but this is more than likely a scam...are you holding your brand new ipod in your hands right now? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Post on Another Forum:

"Hey Everyone,

I just e-mailed freeipods.com for the status of my order (it's been place & has been listed as "IN PROGRESS" for 12 days now). I pretended I was concerned they lost it because wharvey got his order approved already & I hadn't received any e-mails about mine (yeah, I'll admit it, I'm the jealous type ). Anyways, they wrote me back (in less than 30 minutes - talk about customer service) and I they gave me my order number that they placed with Apple & told me to go create an account & and using the order number and the shipping zipcode, then I can view my order.

So I did... and its officially on its way to me!!!

AND I'M GETTING AN IPOD FOR FREE!!!!

According to Apple, I should be getting it shipped on or before July 15. Awesome!

There You go! its HERE
If you dont believe me!! :p

Not this again. Every forum I seem to visit has this spam from a few different people know with there universal reference numbers - do you actually expect to receive anything?

They don't want your email & contact information for nothing, and I bet the credit card number isn't used to check your age....

"If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is..."

u dont actually give them the credit card, u register for the www.Ancestry.com 2 week trial. which is a legitimate site as my aut uses it for sumthing or another.

so :p

chunk-e-munk-e posted on Jul 17 2004 at 12:04 AM said:
u dont actually give them the credit card, u register for the www.Ancestry.com 2 week trial. which is a legitimate site as my aut uses it for sumthing or another.

so :p
Have you actually got an ipod from them.... if not why does it say in your sig that it works (i don't believe you have proof)....

I have alos heard quite a bit about this scam so i definitely would not recommend it...

1. Receipt of Product

(a) FreeiPods.com is a free service and does not guarantee receipt of any product regardless of offers completed or points accumulated.

(B) FreeiPods.com will take measures to ensure that the user receives orders within a reasonable amount of time. However, FreeiPods.com does not make any guarantee on delivery time or availability of product.

From the site.

It's America only, so even if I did feel like trying it I couldn't.

They also basically say they'll send shit loads of spam and there's no way to stop it other than to follow what it says in the email (which is almost always bogus anyway).

Just create a bogus email account if your gonna do this. Don't use your real email one. Anyway Ipods are pretty good but the new minis suck. For 50 dollars extra I get alot more.

Assuming this is a complete scam (and it actually seems not to be - longtime members and even mods from FlyerTravel claim to have gotten their iPods, and Gratis has been around since 2000), Gratis would have nothing to lose.

Now if I set up a dummy e-mail account, and use a randomly-generated one-shot CC# (this is a service offered by some CC companies; up to once a week you can request a new random number, which "self-destructs" immediately after any transactions are made with it), I've got nothing to lose, either. Seems like a fair trade...just not if you use your real CC#/e-mail address, which 90% of people signing up for this probably won't do.

I've tried to find this Gratis (or some previous incarnation thereof) company linked to/busted for running pyramid/matrix schemes, but I haven't seen anything remotely concrete. But hey, caveat emptor and all that, OK?

same thing with Freegreenxbox.com, several people I know have signed up for this and some say tohave gotten their xboxes already...

If you think about it, advertisers will pay a lot of money for customer subscriptions and real e-mail addresses that they can bombard with ads. They want customer awareness of them and will pay a lot of money to let people see their ads... things like this can actually happen, it IS possible. Ipods are wayyy overpriced and a company buying them in bulk to give away can get them very cheap...

I'm not saying I tried it, but a lot of people instantly dismiss stuff like this as scams when they havent really looked at it.

Oh yeah, and it says that some of the 15gb ipods are refurbished, meaning that its even cheaper for them to get a hold of. Says they are still under apple warrenty though

the only reason i know it works is a guy i know managed to get a free ipod off them, i didnt beleive him at first but then when he sent me a scan of the reciept and pics of the 15bg ipod. Im not trying to spam these boards with pyramid schemes rico. im just surprised that it actually works and sharing it with you. 200 quids worth of stuff for free sounds good to me!

oh and the people that are dissmissing it straght away, read the flyertalk forum link in my first post, numerous people have got their hands on one!

sorry rico!

Yeah I have seen a site with mobile phones and n-gages... keep us posted if you do actually recieve the i-pod... but like most of the others here I agree "If something sounds too good to be true... it usually is".

Anything that claims to be free, yet requires a credit card number is dodgey in my eyes.
If its free - why do they need the credit card details.

Its like these scams that claim I've won £15,000 - only I need to send them £600 to cover bank transfer costs...
...I always say, "just take the £600 out of the £15,000 you're sending." But I never get the cash. :rolleyes:

chunk-e-munk-e posted on Jul 17 2004 at 11:14 AM said:
the only reason i know it works is a guy i know managed to get a free ipod off them, i didnt beleive him at first but then when he sent me a scan of the reciept and pics of the 15bg ipod. Im not trying to spam these boards with pyramid schemes rico. im just surprised that it actually works and sharing it with you. 200 quids worth of stuff for free sounds good to me!

oh and the people that are dissmissing it straght away, read the flyertalk forum link in my first post, numerous people have got their hands on one!

sorry rico!
I'm sorry but OBVOUISLY people will say that they have one so that other people buy one and take part in the pyramid scheme. It's blatently obvouis-don't fall for it people.

Back