Free Ipods!

In a pyramid scheme the vast majority of people will not get what they want, but the people who are first to enroll will.
This site gives a very good description on how a pyramid scheme (doesn't) work:
Pyramid Schemes are not good unless you get into them early on.
All of those people on the internet who have already got an Ipod must have enrolled very early and so would have a good chance of getting an iPod.

You don't need money to change hands for it to be a pyramid scheme as they are getting other things from you ie. advertising etc...
The vast majority of people will never get an iPOD so they profit from this...

haha, you mug.

this is just a classic pyramid scheme!

my rents almost got involved in one of these a while back, i went along to one of the presentations about it as i got a C at A Level maths and am thus infinitely more qualified than my parents when it comes to numbers!

its a sham, yes, the people who sign up first will get a product, but the rest simply wont. think about it, for every one person that joins, another five must to cover the $250 cost of the top user getting the ipod, and thus everyone of them that joins requires another five.

so we have 1 member, then 6 (1 member now has an ipod), then 36 (6 members now have an ipod), then 186 (36 members now have an ipod), then 1116 (186 members now have an ipod).

you can see how pointless this is for anything but about the first 6 members, after that the numbers soon dry up and no one gets anything, middle level people have just paid the $50 and received nothing, with it all going to the company that runs it.

it gets even better with multi-level schemes, where by finishing one you graduate to the next one!

dude, its a scam, walk away.

chunk-e-munk-e posted on Jul 17 2004 at 10:14 AM said:
the only reason i know it works is a guy i know managed to get a free ipod off them, i didnt beleive him at first but then when he sent me a scan of the reciept and pics of the 15bg ipod. Im not trying to spam these boards with pyramid schemes rico. im just surprised that it actually works and sharing it with you. 200 quids worth of stuff for free sounds good to me!

oh and the people that are dissmissing it straght away, read the flyertalk forum link in my first post, numerous people have got their hands on one!

sorry rico!
As others said earlier, LOTS of the old peeps or 'old moderators' will have iPods. The POINT is it gets exponentially harder to get an iPod there are less people to sign up. E.g. first person only has to sign up 5, but all five of those people need to sign up 5 = 25. 125. 625... it gets steadily larger! And of course some might lie like Mark says just to get you thinking it's not a normal scam! When it collapses (no more willing people left) a lot of people will have signed up and risked their credit card details, with no iPod. TandeM, few people are smart enough to use a one-shot CC! They will just avoid it completely!

Anyway although you are still spamming (this is the kind of shit I get in my email and is dumped into the junk folder) I was real nice and left the link there!

- Rico

Last edited by a moderator:
This is obviously bull, they could never sell email addresses for that much money.
Its obvious that it only takes 5 mins to make a new email address too so you could get around it easily and they will know this.
Hell you could even go to the bank and get a new credit card just for this and put a very low spending limit on it.

Josquius posted on Jul 17 2004 at 09:34 PM said:
This is obviously bull, they could never sell email addresses for that much money.
Its obvious that it only takes 5 mins to make a new email address too so you could get around it easily and they will know this.
Hell you could even go to the bank and get a new credit card just for this and put a very low spending limit on it.
Well, consider that it takes 6 people to get just one iPod, and that an extremely low percentage of them will even be able to line up 5 friends, and that the "sponsored" services are of considerable value (AOL - $22/mo, Ancestry.com - $100/3mo, etc.), and you'll see the referral credits add up much faster than the costs of the iPods they'll owe to some 5% (probably much less, in fact) of people who sign up.

Actually, you only need a CC# for the "sponsoring" sites, which are all legit operations like AOL (OK, that one's debatable), CitiBank, Ancestry.com, etc - I don't see people's CC information falling into the wrong hands, though it's always a possibility.

I'll get the 5 referrals done on my own time, and see if anything comes of this.

[Link pulled - probably not in the best interest of the boards to spam around, whether or not there's free stuff at the end of the tunnel. Apologies for the lapse in judgement.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so now we have referrals from TandeM and chunk-e-munk-e on the thread, both destined to be unfilled. I don't like where this is going...

Can't people see there is no way this is real.
They won't even make money by referals to those sites, only 1% of the people who sign up at most will subscribe as most people will be people like those who are falling for this on the site who are kids only in it for the free i pod.

Back