Dingoo New Improved Overclocker Application

flatmush

I've made a new (better) open-source overclocker, it supports different core and memory speed combinations.
My dingoo reliably clocks to 448MHz core clock with 149MHz memory clock as I suspect most will with this new overclocker since it sets all the internal clocks better than A600's app. TV-out still doesn't work while overclocking.

This overclocker comes with a simple to use graphical user interface too, and dumps information about the internal clocks of your dingo, aswell as telling you the current clock speeds.

The overclocking code in this application has been added to the dingoo native sdk so that it can be integrated into other applications with relative ease, one downside seems to be that the OS randomly resets the clocks when certain applications start so it may only work for certain apps/emulators.

You can download it from google-code here or a mirror here.

Cool, Thank you very much flatmush, I`ll give it a try when i get a bit of spare time.

Been meaning to give Snes a go for a while, But decided against it, Because i`ve been hearing
that it`s too slow on most games. Guess i could test it on DOOENGINE aswell, And see if it
improves the playability of some of the games.

Trooper

Looks interesting, but how do you use it?
I copied the app and the font.tga to my games folder, I can run it, I can set clockspeeds for the CPU and the memory, but how do I apply them. Whenever I press start (for quit), the app exits and I have the original clockspeed. When I press select (dump) my Dingoo hangs.

Press A to set the clock speed, or press B to reset the speed fields to their actual values.

For some reason the dingoos clock speed resets to 336 MHz unless you hold down a button for all the time you're in a menu so you have to hold down B, then keep it held till you've loaded the application you want to overclock.

Thanks for the info, works. I hoped, that there was a way to avoid the permanent pressing of a button in menus, but even without a solution for this, you app is a great improvement. Can you tell me, what's the range, you can overclock you memory?

flatmush said:
For some reason the dingoos clock speed resets to 336 MHz unless you hold down a button for all the time you're in a menu so you have to hold down B, then keep it held till you've loaded the application you want to overclock.
I can't get that to work with your app, but I can get it to work with A600s. It might be because A600s doesn't go to a GUI and I'm pressing the button at the wrong time, but I really don't know.

EDIT: I got it to work somehow. Is the memory clock value supposed to reset to 100mhz when I overclock the core to 400mhz?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reo said:
EDIT: I got it to work somehow. Is the memory clock value supposed to reset to 100mhz when I overclock the core to 400mhz?

The mem clock value is the maximum memory speed, if you leave it as 112 then it will have to downclock to 100 MHz due to the integer division ratios (400 / 4 = 100), if you set your max clockspeed up to 166 then it will downclock to the maximum that is below 166 which is (400 / 3 = 133). I'll set an option for AUTO at some point, I just did this since some old dingoos may have ram that won't clock past 133 safely (very few very old ones though).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back