(new) Icons For You...

bacteria

Modder & Portablizer
Website
moddedbybacteria.wordpress.com
I found a stack of icons, mostly old Mame ones, sorted them out and kept all the ones which looked like they would be useful for people with a GP2x who use it for gaming.

They are all 32x32 pixels, and in .png format, so they are "ready to go". Remember to change the name of the icon to match the name of the .gpe file and put it in the same location.

Enjoy. :) > icons

Did you rename these from ICO to PNG? Photoshop and the Wiki seem to have problems with them. Anyway cool find.

kcar181 posted on Feb 23 2006 at 04:02 PM said:
Did you rename these from ICO to PNG? Photoshop and the Wiki seem to have problems with them. Anyway cool find.
Konqueror has no problem with them, but it doesn't care about file extension like Windows does ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, renamed them from *.ico to *.png

You can easily rename them back if you wish, go to command prompt in Windows, go to the directory and enter: rename *.png *.ico

The GP2x only seems to like .png pictures to associate as icons, hence I renamed them.

MS paint (free and included with any version of Windows) opens .png files. If you don't use Windows, or your graphics program can't open .png files, rename them back to .ico and that should do the trick.

Yea I opened in Paint and copied to Photoshop. I added a few to the wiki Pang / 1945 and it didn't like the file extension trickery ;) so I just converted them.

Back