260 Free Videogame Icons For Gmenu2x

Troy the Great

Still Fresh
260 Free Videogame SYSTEM Icons For Gmenu2x:

This community has given me so much, so I thought I would give some thing back. I have put together a Zip file full of 260, yeah 260 Icons(all in png formatt) that you can use for Gmenu2x.

I think you can also use them in your Stock Gp2x menu aswell, They are 32x32. <Just put the icon you want in the same folder as the .gpe you want an Icon for and name the .png file the same as the .gpe file. Example: beat2x.gpe = name the .png file: beat2x.png and keep both files beat2x.gpe and beat2x.png in the same folder.

There are Icons for any and every video game system you can think of (these work great as emulator icons). There is an icon for most every accessory. There are also lots of icons for differnt types of game cartridges. Anything Video Game sytem related you will find here.

I did not create these image files. I do not know who the original author was. I got most of these Icons off of foreign sites. Non of these files were for download. All the differnt icons were one big image so I had to cut each individual image out of the big image and then reformatt them to fit the Gp2x. It took me a couple hours to get all two hundred and sixty icons ready for use.

Here are a few examples:

14ag4.png

250kp9.png

75bg2.png

170tt2.png

6fg3.png

Direct link to the Download:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/33024/gmen...y_the_Great.zip

Hope you Enjoy them as much as I do. Tell me what you think. :D

Edit:

I do not have time to add transparency to all of the Icons by hand so if you want to add Transparency to any of the icons use Photo shop, Macromedia Fireworks, or any other Image editor:
1. Open the icon you want to add transparency to.
2. Use the "Magic wand tool" and select the white around the icon and cpush "delete"
3. Use the "Marquee tool" and select any left over white around the edges and then push "delete"
4. Goto File>Save and select where you want to save them and then click save.

Concradulations! your Icon is Transparent.

Here are some examples of what it should look like:

atarilynxhh0.png

ataristbm3.png

miscsytemrh3.png

miscsytem2pp1.png

Like starpause said:
*If you add transparency to Icons post your Icons here and save others the trouble.

Download other Icons:

Really cool Misc Icons for Gmenu2x: Here

Video Game Character Icons for Gmenu2x: Here

Last edited by a moderator:
michaeljustman posted on Sep 4 2006 at 12:04 AM said:
Good stuff, but what am I going to with an N64 icon for the GP2X...

Oh no. I said a bad word... N64.
ATTTACCKKK!!!

These rock. I needed some icons too. Thanks Troy the Great!

Oh, and I love how there's an icon for N64 with the 64DD attatched. That'll get a lot of use. :p

michaeljustman posted on Sep 3 2006 at 09:04 PM said:

Just emulate the N64 with an Xbox emulator on the GP2X of course! :rolleyes:

g4m3r posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:42 AM said:
michaeljustman posted on Sep 3 2006 at 09:04 PM said:

Just emulate the N64 with an Xbox emulator on the GP2X of course! :rolleyes:

:blink: Thats so stupid it might just work :eek:

This is just what has kept me from using gmenu2x. Now, I have all the icons to make it look pretty! Sweet. Thank you very much.

And if you wanna know what you can use the N64 icon for: make it the smash2x icon and pretend that it is smash brothers to impress your buddies.
"Look, my n64 emu is way faster than yours"...

thanks for sharing troy!

if anyone DOES happen to go through and add transparancy to all of the icons, they should post their work here and save the throngs some trouble :)

Ignor what I said about Adding transparency before. Check what I have wrote up there now. And share the completed Icons you have made.

xcen posted on Sep 4 2006 at 09:48 PM said:
Thanks for the work dude =)

Now I'm waiting for Ryo to add it to Gmenu or for him to put an icon selector in the program

MWAHAHAHA !!! LAZYNESS!

Isn't there an icon selector in v0.5?

michaeljustman posted on Sep 4 2006 at 11:16 AM said:
xcen posted on Sep 4 2006 at 09:48 PM said:
Thanks for the work dude =)

Now I'm waiting for Ryo to add it to Gmenu or for him to put an icon selector in the program

MWAHAHAHA !!! LAZYNESS!

Isn't there an icon selector in v0.5?
Yes.

Back