New Gp2x F-200

Eolair said:
DaveC said:
The more I study it I think the pad is going to be pretty good. It looks like it is raised on the edges nicely and is concave to fit your thumb. The "separations" are so small that hitting diagonals won't be a problem, nice patent dodge :p They give a tactile feel for the directions too. Since they are not really separated buttons but a solid disk with 4 raised sections that should work. I just don't know how the "action" is without testing but it certainly will be better than the stick.
Do we know for certain that the d-pad is a solid disk? That would certainly improve things I think.

I would bet that it is. I don't think GPH would flub it that bad.

Worst case is that you would have to glue a solid disk over the buttons. Then: Comming soon, the DaveC F200 d-pad cap mod :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong said:
Cervante said:
therevolution.jpg
The Those F100 flamers? <_<

Have you ever heard about

grammaryh0.jpg

Braveheart.jpg

I've been away this week so could not give as many updates as usual but yes we will be stocking it and the gp2x.co.uk website will have a complete overhaul for the new version.

Ed should have his hands on the new version already I guess he will post a mini review or maybe already has? I'll be back at the weekend.

craigix said:
I've been away this week so could not give as many updates as usual but yes we will be stocking it and the gp2x.co.uk website will have a complete overhaul for the new version.

Ed should have his hands on the new version already I guess he will post a mini review or maybe already has? I'll be back at the weekend.
The next Days, ED is at the IFA in Berlin together with these GPH weirdo's, I'm sure he will post detailed reports. :)

Oh, the month is nearly over, so I'm waiting for your return and new facts about the new non-GPH Handheld. ;)

craigix said:

Yeah, I kinda hoped they had some way of including wifi as it's got a little cheaper too. oh well. I'm in the market to of buying another one anyway so perfect timing.

Hi!

Some news straight from the IFA: I played around with the new system yesterday, the Touchscreen sure does rock... the DPad is a bit hard to use, but I've talked about that already, it's a prototype, they'll try fixing it (though it won't be a solid disc...)

Stick button push is pressing down all four buttons at once, so that's still there.
The system itself has still a few issues, MAME doesn't run yet, but that will all be fixed.

The new firmware is nicer than the old one: You can listen to MP3 and OGG, switch to the EBook reader or picture viewer while listening :)
You can also use the new firmware with the buttons, if you don't want to pull out the stylus :)

Blood Cross has nice animations :D

Tonight I'll test if ScummVM works out of the box with touchscreen - if the touchscreen is using a standard Linux mouse driver, it should work, I guess.

Evil Dragon,

Any word on cost release date etc?

I need to update my mk1 big time.

EvilDragon said:
Tonight I'll test if ScummVM works out of the box with touchscreen - if the touchscreen is using a standard Linux mouse driver, it should work, I guess.
Look for /dev/tsX devices. If there is one, it's likely it won't appear as a mouse.
Also, what versions of libraries are they using in the firmware? They must've done something pretty stupid to get MAME to not work since even the libraries shouldn't affect it...

Mmmm, probably the problem with MAME is not due to the console... It uses 120 hz video refresh rate, maybe it won't work with the new LCD... Also it uses the entire upper memory area (overwritting the ARM940 memory area...). Whatever the problem is, it will be fixed easily :D .

But the D-Pad impressions seem something to worry :( :huh: :blink: :eek: :unsure:

What happened to the 'stick button'? That's going to be interesting for some games / emulators... I see that Start is now called Home :p

And it clearly says 2 X AA batteries, tested with 2500mAh, = 3.5 hours video playback.

So it's white, has touch screen, new firmware, weird d-pad but not much different otherwise :p

Gadget said:
What happened to the 'stick button'? That's going to be interesting for some games / emulators...
EvilDragon says in his 2nd to last post in this thread:

Stick button push is pressing down all four buttons at once, so that's still there.

Gadget said:
What happened to the 'stick button'? That's going to be interesting for some games / emulators... I see that Start is now called Home :p
Stick button is simulated by pressing all four buttons of the DPad at once :)

Pretty good solution, if you ask me :)

BTW:

newgp2x.jpg

2gp2x.jpg

booth.jpg

Last edited:
Back