New Gp2x F-200

I hope for the F-200 that 'touchscreen' doesn't mean 'crappy'.
Both Gp2x screen was pretty good.
I have the first one. Very clear, some skylines for the retro feeling and a good viewing angle.
I bought a Mk2 for a friend and I found the screen also very good in another style: great contrast and precision (even if it have strange color behavior and is a bit dark).
So touchscreen is OK but keep the quality please (same for the Edragon3Xorwhatsoever).

tristar said:
I guess were now going to get apps that are f200 only :( Ive owned my f100 for only 3 months.

Ill pass and wait for a gp3x or whatever the faster model will be called.

Or give into sony and buy a psp :(

ahem!

i should warn you: the new lighter and longer lasting PSP that has a TVout is out next month, so don't do the same mistake twice! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
YakumoFuji said:
I'm unconvinced. touch screen in a revision? they must have just run out of non touch screens.

now we are going to get software that relies on the touch that locks out previous revisions.

lets hope there is a reliable way to detect that its a mk3.

I dont like such radical changes in a 'reivision' :/ but whatever. Anyone know if they sprung the battery compartment or its still the same piece of crap battery holder?
? It's not a new revision, it's a new model...?

Last edited:
The more I study it I think the pad is going to be pretty good. It looks like it is raised on the edges nicely and is concave to fit your thumb. The "separations" are so small that hitting diagonals won't be a problem, nice patent dodge :p They give a tactile feel for the directions too. Since they are not really separated buttons but a solid disk with 4 raised sections that should work. I just don't know how the "action" is without testing but it certainly will be better than the stick.

This is what I noticed as in chamges from MK2.

-New Screen with touch screen support (stylus included) and 16 Million colors (24-bit)
-DPAD. It says 8 way, but there is only 4 buttons, so I assume 8 internal buttons are hit via the corners of each of the four external buttons. They could just be wrong and have 4 internal buttons that software emulates to 8 way.
-New Speakers. Speakers are now rated as 100mW. (I think the old ones were 20mW)
-It's now white.
-No joystick push button. (based on list of buttons)
-Weight is without Batterry pack. Does this mean there is a battery back rather than batteries?
-New firmware that allows for ebook with music and ... "emulation environment". What does this mean?

Well, that`s kinda good news anyway. I`m glad GPH aren`t dead yet.

Personally i dont like touchscreen, and can`t buy it right now, but if something happens with my 2X, this will be a good replacement.

Christ it's been a while since I was on here.

Primarily cause I sold my GP2x. Then bought a PSP. Then sold that, the PSP was one of my worst purchases ever.

I'll probably buy this when I have enough cash, a couple months, which is when it's out. Any cheap 4GB SD cards that are compatible? Cheers. This device looks better than GP2x (original version) by a long shot, and Cave Story = ultimate winnage.

Just wondering: Craigix, ED - Are you going to stock this machine? Or are you going all "Nah, can't be bothered, got a better thing coming" ? :)

Moxie said:
Just wondering: Craigix, ED - Are you going to stock this machine? Or are you going all "Nah, can't be bothered, got a better thing coming" ? :)
I hope so, If something is beyond my repair. I would trust ED or Craigix to charge me a fee to repair my unit. I can keep in-contact more with them than another retailer.

Just wondering: Craigix, ED - Are you going to stock this machine? Or are you going all "Nah, can't be bothered, got a better thing coming"?

AFAIK, ED is already advertising the F-200 on his site. I'd expect full support from him.

therevolution.jpg

I like it because:
  • It's white (yay GP32 is back!)
  • New Firmware (the current firmware seriously sucks)
  • The touch screen makes me want to code games again *drools*

DaveC said:
The more I study it I think the pad is going to be pretty good. It looks like it is raised on the edges nicely and is concave to fit your thumb. The "separations" are so small that hitting diagonals won't be a problem, nice patent dodge :p They give a tactile feel for the directions too. Since they are not really separated buttons but a solid disk with 4 raised sections that should work. I just don't know how the "action" is without testing but it certainly will be better than the stick.
Do we know for certain that the d-pad is a solid disk? That would certainly improve things I think.

Blah said:
I like it because:
  • It's white (yay GP32 is back!)
  • New Firmware (the current firmware seriously sucks)
  • The touch screen makes me want to code games again *drools*
Open2x is a good FW replacement.

DaveC said:
Now the question is do I get one from the first f200 batch or wait for the f200-mk2 type deal? What the heck, I've been wanting a Dpad for so long now I am going to early adopt this one. I haven't done that in awhile. I waited for the f100 mk2, think the next iPhone will be better, no Vista for me, etc. Since I am completely happy with the performance and quality of the current emulators on the current GP2X so as long as they still work I am in.

≤16-bit Gaming is alive.

Back