New Gp2x F-200

atlewis said:
Can anyone answer my question please? Not sure what to do.
Should you sell your F100 and buy an F200 ? - Only you can answer that!
Firstly there are no F200's on sale yet - they are only pre orders - kepp that in mind.

In your shoes (being an F100 owner already) I'd wait untill the first batch is out given the apparent problems with the D-Pad that EvilDragon has picked up so far.

Touchscreen is going to be interesting - support out of the box - who knows so it may not be all that much use right away.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toady said:
atlewis said:
Can anyone answer my question please? Not sure what to do.
Should you sell your F100 and buy an F200 ? - Only you can answer that!
Firstly there are no F200's on sale yet - they are only pre orders - kepp that in mind.

In your shoes (being an F100 owner already) I'd wait untill the first batch is out given the apparent problems with the D-Pad that EvilDragon has picked up so far.

Touchscreen is going to be interesting - support out of the box - who knows so it may not be all that much use right away.

Hope that helps.

Its a start thanks, on ebay there still going for about £80 at the moment, I'm just wondering when everyone realises theres a new model due out, they will plummet in price, I'm thinking of selling this one and just getting everything ready for an arrival of a decent F200 batch as at the moment, I really want a cradle but can't afford it (Do they work with the new GP2X's has anyone heard yet? And I need some decent rechargables and some other bits. Thanks for your reply.

Aside from a touch-screen, d-pad, and a white chassis, is there any other changes to this new F200? is it any faster, better hardware, or anything like that? Another thing... the bottom rubber-cap on the EXT port, is this being changed to a plastic cap or anything? Because I would hate to deface a new F200 just so it fits correctly into the Cradle...

I'd wish people would quit asking that question...not to be mean but it seems like with the new f200 we are looking at some cosmetic adjustments here....and a touchscreen.

if anything did change its this

touchscreen
SDHC support
new frontend which I don't beleive is completely new...
white casing w/adjustments...
d-pad
24bit color...

as far as hardware there have been no adjustments...mainly to keep costs low.

I am think of preordering the unit...console only for 169 at gp2x store which heck I'll do it tomorrow...man I was gonna buy a nice mp3 player but I heck this thing is worth it all over again...even though my old f100 got stolen. sux...I know I'm gonna need a case...and a lcd screen protector...again...

As far as batteries...the highest capacity I know of is Sanyo and Sony's 2700mah.

I'm not sure about the sanyo chargers...but sony as listed on their site through a google search and a search through amazon did reveal a 15 minute LCD charger...

now when I had my old f100 I had actually 8 batteries.... 4 which were 2500 and 4 which were 2200...Those things practically got me through the long days of the week. and I could usually just find a random spot with outlet, chill for 15 mins waiting and bam fresh set of batteries...except I think it depends on how often you use the particular products because also you have to consider that batteries only hold so many charges...

and 2500 mah only holds 500 charges....

so with that being known 2700 holds less than 500 charges I believe...

2200mah holds around what 1500 charges???????

can't wait to check out that blood cross game and definately can't wait to start playing aw2 again!!!!

lets hope this first batch doesn't completely end up having numerous bugs and recalls :p

and last but not least this model should work with every accessory put out there by GPH. Another reason why the body can't be adjusted so much...because of the already available accessories for the market. Though granted the 24bit color looks nice and crisp

I for one am finally going to wait and see with this one. I was an early adopter with the gp32 - I have one of the first European ones and the newer Blu. Was very quick to order the gp2x and was very pleased with it apart from the downright awful joystick.
Now the possibility to have a gp2x compatible machine with a real thumb-pad makes my eyes tear but I am going to wait a little - almost seems to be too good to be true.
As soon as I hear good comments on it I am going for it though! :)

deluded said:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...=41&t=38769

Apparently they will be shipped from GPH on 22nd, then allow a few days / weeks to be distributed.

Of course this will probably change.. Think of it as a christmas present to yourself ;)

ha lol, i ordered it on august the 31st as a 36th old f@rt remembering my youth and drooling with nostalgia birthdaqy prezzy to myself... just my luck to have to wait til crimble.
all i want is to play paradroid90 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
boohoo

pubzombie said:
tridion said:
Found this too, a new XGP model

http://www.techdigest.tv/2006/03/gamepark_reveal.html

hi peeps,
i have had my gp2x on pre-order for over a month now. cant wait to get my little fingers on it. anybody know when its due for release - - oct the 7th was the last official date i saw
cheers guys
Pzombie

I'm positivly hopping up and down too, but hey - all good things come to those who wait right ?

Just heard the news, seems godly. Just wonder, will developers actually make use of the stylus? I have made 2 games before, both on different stylus-compatible systems, and it was a bitch to use the stylus.

Damn!

I just happen to be in seoul and, seeing all electronics are so cheap, I thought I might as well get a new device.

My F100 got stolen some years ago and I was bitter about replacing it, I thought: they must be cheap here in korea.

Surprise surprise, when I loaded up the gp2x site to see where I could buy it, I found out about the F200... 169000won? That's a joke! =)

Thing is, now I cannot find where in seoul to buy it... anyone got a clue for me?

Thanks!

It may be a bit out of your way, but you might call up the head office and try and get a unit. I don't think there is any other distributor in Korea other than GPH.

copyright.gif

If you can read hangul, you might use naver to search for a place to buy in Seoul.

Did they fix it where you can switch to battery or AC adapter without switching it off?

Back