Release New Games Roundup Video From Craig

gruso

thunderbox
Website
pandorapress.net
Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL4VtAg_xzo

[edit] Thx Aethix for the embedding tip. I was putting the entire URL in.

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox posted on May 19 2009 at 01:48 AM said:
Thought the ending was pretty funny. :p
Gruso posted on May 19 2009 at 02:13 AM said:
Yeah, I lol'd.
Same :lol:

The typing rate looks pretty good from that. That's one of the things I wasn't sure would work that well, but it easily looks fast enough for thumb typing.

Cracking vid Craig cheers for that and thanks for the news update as usual Gruso :)

greenmikey posted on May 19 2009 at 02:16 AM said:
All that Pandora must be a workout. You were breathing heavy Craig.
Else you got hot and bothered.

Yeah... that was a little weird with my headphones on... it was like Craig was breathing down my neck... good video though :D

Gruso posted on May 18 2009 at 08:36 PM said:
Not sure if Youtube embedding is working properly, so here's the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL4VtAg_xzo
CODE

Here, copy and paste this code to embed the video.

I remember seeing the mouse pointer and parts of the desktop flicker through when playing some games in the past. I didn't see any background flicker this time. I guess it's been fixed now?

Retro gaming. New, community-developed games in the future. I think this looks to be the single greatest piece of technology to come out this year.

@ Gruso: You're welcome. I frequent another forum that uses BBCode, and it took me some time to get used to embedding videos too.

Looks funtastic! :)

The keys look a bit more recessed than I was expecting; I was expecting them to look more raised. Maybe it was the angle of the pandora itself?

Any chance of getting a touchscreen drawing app. in the next vid, so we can see how accurate it is? I know we've seen a brief demo of this before (ED did it IIRC), but that was on a very early (non-standalone) version. The GP2X's touchscreen isn't great and it looks like the Wiz might be having some teething problems too. I have a touchscreen game in mind...

iprice posted on May 19 2009 at 03:15 AM) Looks funtastic! : said:
The keys look a bit more recessed than I was expecting; I was expecting them to look more raised. Maybe it was the angle of the pandora itself?
craig said that the keyboard is low because of the prototype case.

Whoooooooooo we have minesweeper
static.gif

craigix posted on May 19 2009 at 02:42 AM said:
The bastard microphone is right on the top of the camera, and it's huge!
The heavy breathing and creaking door sound effects were a nice touch. ;)

Nice video. It seems that current SNES emulation skips frames every so often, but I don't doubt that this will improve.

In a future video, I'd be interested in seeing how well any of the latter Commander Keen games (4-6) run.

Some scummvm action should also be very nice :)

I can't wait to get this thing in my hands, er I can wait have been doing for quite some time, no reason to get impatient right now :)

In case anyone hadn't seen, one of the comments on the video:
QUOTE (MWeston)
We're about to test new nub firmware as the boards currently have some bug in them that makes the coordinates go nuts after a little bit of use. Craig is waiting on the success of that before re-implementing analog control. Pickle will be the main man on those tests very soon (if the bug truly is fixed!), with help from me.

Back