Update new firmware update (future SZ v1.74) - please help testing

Might be to late to suggest, but it would be nice to be able to shut down at the log in screen

If we are doing requests, well i have one :) being able to switch mode between "lid close screen off < - > lid close low power mode" with a mini-icon setting in the task bar instead of having to go in the menus. (because this is something i do very often).

Might be to late to suggest, but it would be nice to be able to shut down at the log in screen
That requires patching slim (the login manages), not something I'd want to do.

If we are doing requests, well i have one :) being able to switch mode between "lid close screen off < - > lid close low power mode" with a mini-icon setting in the task bar instead of having to go in the menus. (because this is something i do very often).
Same here for configbutton. You could try asking @slaeshjag (the author), but he hasn't touched it for some years now.

That requires patching slim (the login manages), not something I'd want to do.

OK no big deal

Edit: wow, was looking up slim and found this. I tested and using halt and the password works. I had no idea.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-04-16-15-00.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-04-16-15-00.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
OK no big deal

Edit: wow, was looking up slim and found this. I tested and using halt and the password works. I had no idea.
Cool. Not as quick as clicking a button, but possibly good enough (I don't really shut my Pandora off unless I won't be able to charge it for a while). I will test it out later. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

Cool. Not as quick as clicking a button, but possibly good enough (I don't really shut my Pandora off unless I won't be able to charge it for a while). I will test it out later. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

Yeah, a button would be better but it's good enough for my purposes. I just disliked logging completely in simply to shutdown.

Changing op_lid.sh shouldn't be that hard
No need for that. As best I can tell, all that the the hypothetical configbutton plugin would actually need to do is write either "brightness", "lowpower" or "shutdown" (without quotes) to ~/.lidconfig

-Neelix

Just popped in to say that I ran the update, and everything has been running great. Thanks, @notaz.

Hi Notaz
Is there any Way like a Kernel Hack or near to get more Power on the USB OTG Port for some more Devices?
Or maybe to disable that Power rekognize Error?
I tried to get an Wlan Dongle run over USB OTG and had that:
"insufficient available Bus Power" Error

Maybe there is a Kernel Hack for getting bit more Power on this Port for some USB Devices more?

Or is maybe another Way to "simulate" that Devices more Power?

Just an Idea and Question ;)

Maybe something has changed because I had problems with my 802.11n wifi dongle too while it worked perfectly before. This was on the regular USB port though, not the OTG one.

Is there any Way like a Kernel Hack or near to get more Power on the USB OTG Port for some more Devices?
No, it's not controllable.

Or maybe to disable that Power rekognize Error?
That may be possible, but it may overload and burn the hardware, so I don't really want to add such a feature.

Maybe something has changed because I had problems with my 802.11n wifi dongle too while it worked perfectly before. This was on the regular USB port though, not the OTG one.
There is no software control over how much the USB port can output, it's connected to a switch, then power regulator and then directly to the battery. You should check dmesg, it's probably some different issue.

Ok thx for Information.
I have no Problems here with the latest System Updates :D

Thx for your hard work :)

have been running the update for about a week now and also no problems whatsoever. and that powersaving hack for GL ES programs works like a charm! finally I can use kodi to stream audiobooks at night in bed. I was worried before that I'd possibly damage the screen when falling asleep and rolling over my pandora ^^.

Since the feedback for this update is good, I'm thinking about releasing this as SZ1.74 in a few days maybe.
If anybody wants to contribute anything before that (configbutton plugin?) it's now a good time to do so.

Not tested yet but as long as the WiFi stays that good on the CC Pandora like it was since ~1.73, I'm happy with every new Firmware Update. :)
I had always bad bad WiFi on my Pandora but to my surprise, the last Firmware(s) made it almost full speed, oh wonder. ^^ I had to insert one command that notaz suggested to make the WiFi stable, but now it's stable and fast, I'm happy. ^^

Might be too late for suggestions, but would it be worth putting f3write/f3read into the default OS? They seem like something everyone should have on an SD-card-oriented system, and PNDs are not so good for tiny command-line programs. (They compiled easily, to <100k between them.)

http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/

Might be too late for suggestions, but would it be worth putting f3write/f3read into the default OS? They seem like something everyone should have on an SD-card-oriented system, and PNDs are not so good for tiny command-line programs. (They compiled easily, to <100k between them.)

http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/
Maybe, need to write OE recipe for it first...

Anyone else thinks it's useful to have by default?

Back