New emus

emus were publicly shown in RU edition to visitors, but they were not *released*

stop requesting my fucking emus and stop complaining all time

if anyone wants fgen or fmame ask for it to me

dot
sorry for bustin ya balls

we're like hungry computer birds waiting for you to spit software into our squalking mouths

ps can I have em then ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
From GP32Spain (babelfished):

This is for all those that are asking it for the emulators of the RU and in special for which they do not let even complain and they affirm that only we have used the emulators with the purpose of selling GP32 in the meeting of users of Barcelona and who we will end up selling them by Internet (and this I have read it in foreign forums).

1. - The emulators and applications that will probably tomorrow be made public (some already have published) and who come from the RU they are the following ones:

- VBA32 and their source code.
- New fMSX32.
- GPGames 1.0
- Wind-Ups 0.99

2. - The emulators of rlyeh only distributed themselves in the RU. rlyeh specified to me clearly that it did not have to publish them in the Web under any concept. These include fMAME32, fGen32, fPCE32 and a new version of fNes32.
If somebody wants these betas, that it directly requests them to rlyeh, but that please, it lets criticize without inquiring previously.

No more spam about this, please <_<

Thank you for clarifying this generalmx, and sorry for any trouble this brought to anyone. I was just mad because the emus weren't released today, but since gp32spain said something about I don't feel angry anymore.

Yeah, I was under the impression rlyeh's stuff was getting released, but apparently this was completely misguided. Maybe sticky this thread for a bit? I guess someone on the forums somewhere assumed they'd be released and we all went along with it.

Well done pissed of yet another emu emulator, soon there won't be any left.

Okay so u thought it was supposed to be released today, big deal this is a scene of people making stuff as a hobby for fun, if they don' realese it bang on time, there maybe reason. Just chill for fsakes instead of acting as if they owe u.

Rememeber a lot of people have real life shit to deal with day to day and don't have time to email updates etc ... I know as a programmer myself.. And if one thing pisses me off more than anything else is people harrassing me for stuff.. is it ready yet .. blah blah... people really need to learn to chill on this board! Its not the end the world if its going to be a couple of days or week late... time passes before you know it... theres more to life out ther you know!

Well done pissed of yet another emu emulator, soon there won't be any left.

Okay so u thought it was supposed to be released today, big deal this is a scene of people making stuff as a hobby for fun, if they don' realese it bang on time, there maybe reason. Just chill for fsakes instead of acting as if they owe u.

Rememeber a lot of people have real life shit to deal with day to day and don't have time to email updates etc ... I know as a programmer myself.. And if one thing pisses me off more than anything else is people harrassing me for stuff.. is it ready yet .. blah blah... people really need to learn to chill on this board! Its not the end the world if its going to be a couple of days or week late... time passes before you know it... theres more to life out ther you know!
I'm going to try and control myself and be more patient from now on and maybe one day I'll have the chance to express myself on these boards in a self righteous way too.

This is the ages-old conflict between the emulator programmers and the system users. It is particularly strong with GP32 users, which tend to be pretty passionate about their machines and even more passionate when letting the anxiety out on the forums.
There was an enourmous hype created since the first GP32Spain contest (which was delayed) and the now this second contest. I do believe the hype came after a common belief that the emulators submitted to the contest would be made public.
The contest page has been removed but a cached page found on google shows that at no moment any emulators were promised to be made public.
I personally include myself on the hype - I am sure expecting to see all emulators come public - hell I check all GP32 news pages daily. But truth of the matter is: this is a work that the emulator programmers do and this work is provided mostly for free to an avid community.
As far as the Spanish contest is concerned, I do believe the only ones that have some right to ask for the emulators are the ones who contributed with donations to the contest. And even then, this right is not granted anywhere on the contest page anyhow.
It's pretty obvious that when we read on GP32Spain that fMSX is looking amazing some will be hyped up. However, it's rlyeh's decision that his work is published or not. And if for each person that simply asked for an emulator the thought should switch to contribute to an emulator project.
I'm not a programmer - I have done so in the past, but that knowledge is now gone. However, whenever I have the time I try to give some input back to the programmer whenever I see a bug or have a constructive suggestion on improvements that can be made. I have done so reporting stuff back to yoyo on his splendid NES emu (Little John) and also to Guyfawkes with his (unfortunately stopped) Darts game - and in all cases I got feedback from the authors and in all cases the programs were corrected or improved.
Next time, before you even think about complaining if an emulator is released or not, think about testing the one you just downloaded absolutely free and think about what would you do to improve the program.
After you start doing so, you will see that it takes a whole lot of time and effort to test any of those programs and give decent and productive feedback to the programmers. Then you might have just the slightest idea of the time a programmer spends to build those things we get for free.
As for the Spanish reunion - on days that the GP32 future is filled up with rumors / facts that the console is jeopardized etc. there are people gathering, talking about it and, most important, bringing more people to get to know and buy this little wonder.
Hopefully some of them will be new programmers that will bring us more free entertainment and hopefully most of them will be users willing to help out instead of asking and whining all the time.

I of course agree, it's all free, you aren't entitled it, etc.

But IMHO if it is good enough for people to PLAY at the meet-up and download to their SMCs for keeps, it's good enough for release. In black-'s case the GPengine was a clear beta that had no 3/4 player support. In Rlyeh's case the emus were only 'previewed'. So perhaps the public got the impression that the emus were finished and would be played at the meet-up.

As Rlyeh pointed out, however, it was only a preview of beta emulators that aren't meant for release yet. So I don't see why anyone 'deserves' the emus now. Not until they are released for real.

Ok i see i see. I think people got misguided that the emus would be released definetely after the contest. BUt as you say they some were only previews and not for the public. Still I wonder why coders hate getting so much attention you'd think they'd be happy people are begging for their emus and appreciate their work so much :D :p

LOL I can imagine the pride they'd feel for a few days ... until the constant nagging forces them into solitude :/ Well, it happens.

Wasnt the whole reason for the contest to raise awarenress and promote coding of emu's for the GP32. You know you have to give them up at some point.? Doesnt it undermind the reasoning for the contest to enter something then restrict a public release? If your entrering competitions then it should be released to the public, you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Rlyeh is probably going to release his emu's when he think the're good enough.
Just enjoy the old beta's and wait until the new one's are released there is still a lot of beta testing that can be done with the old beta.

edit // typo's :D

Back