1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

NeoGeo Mini

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by pmprog, May 7, 2018.

1. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

One of the guys behind the Retrocade is the one who made the horrible RetroBit Generations and who took care of the RetroCade which uses non-licensed emulators AFAIK. So you can expect the same here...

Sent from my XT1650-03 using Tapatalk

2. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen an MVS machine that these portables are trying to knock off. The only NEO-GEO machine I saw back in the day was one which simply said 'NEO-GEO' on the top hoarding and was otherwise your bog standard MDF multimachine knock-off. It only ever ran puzzle bobble or metal slug though, while I was there.

3. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

Well I kind of like the form factor if it was something I'd only keep on the shelf to look cool playing demos...

But hopefully sometime in the near future a Amiga Vampire optimized NeoGeo emulator will likely get all the sound issues straightened out.

Preliminary work getting the sound working properly:

Earlier version without sound:

levi likes this.
  4. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

What DE is that? It doesn't look like the Workbench I've known and used.

5. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

@levi , No special DE. Amiga Workbench 3.9 is generally what everyone uses, There is a guy that packaged a vampire friendly pre-configured bundle WB 3.9 system( Coffin OS ) with a custom themed tool bars and a bunch of software that shows off what a Vampire can do. It's legality is questionable, but I legally own WB 3.9 so I feel I can use it.

levi likes this.