Amiga Mini

Well , Cloanto would only be giving RGL a licence, and RGL would build it. Plus that Interview was pretty specific and quotes Andrews.

Ah, it seems your minor typo in the OP led me to misread who was doing what:
And by non other than, Retro Games Ltd (Paul Andrews and co ie the team beinhd the C64 Mini)

I think I skipped over the misspelled 'none' and read 'and by other than RGL' suggesting it wasn't tied up in that whole mess for a change.

If it is, I think my interest in this has just waned.

Until the current debacle between RCL and Andrews/Smith has resolved, I'd stay away from both sides if you're not already involved. Everything is up in the air at the moment.

I just asked Paul on Facebook, to clarify if he does have an agreement with Cloanto. Will see what he comes back with.

Until the current debacle between RCL and Andrews/Smith has resolved, I'd stay away from both sides if you're not already involved. Everything is up in the air at the moment.

RCL are not helping themselves at the moment with their abysmal communication. They are not even following IGG guidelines to post at least once a month. Last couple of updates, they said they were aiming to begin shipping by Oct 4th. Then in early Sept they said they were on track to get everyone their Vega+'s in their hands by mid Oct. They also said that they would post images and so on as they approached delivery. What they did was absolute silence. Oct 5th passed without a peep, and now we are approaching mid Oct. The twitter leaker is claiming that RCL have shut up shop. Lee has even deleted his twitter account. I'm not sure what's going on.

The plot thickens

Here's the response I got from Paul Andrews regarding whether they have an agreement with Cloanto to produce the Amiga mini or not.

Me: Hey Paul, unrelated question. I know it's early days yet with the Amiga mini, but Is it true that you have an agreement with Cloanto to create the Amiga Mini as this italian article quotes? ...See More

Paul Andrews: We have multiple licenses with multiple companies for a string of potential computers and consoles yes, but our focus currently is THEC64 till it's out of course

Back